Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's everyone do with their spare parts? The parts that get replaced by aftermarket mods.
I've got some stock tires, grips, bumper and a muffler in the basement. And a chassis and swingarm skid in the shed. Soon I'll have a 14T sprocket laying around and a factory reverse switch.
I know some of you can add more like; exhaust manifold, handlebars, the handlebar plastic, heel guards rims, suspension components, levers..... and these are just the bolt on items.

Do you just keep adding to the pile :3question: I don't forsee some of my crap being needed for anything ever again. Who wants a stock muffler? ::) If you crack one up you might as well get aftermarket.

Any modern art students here? ;)

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
yeah, I have mine just sitting in the attic of my garage.. Don't really know what I'm going to do with it, I think its just so I can some time, go up there and look at it, and get a better picture of the transformation :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just keep my old spare parts. If you ever trade in your quad you can put the stock parts back on. You will get more money on ebay selling the aftermarket parts than the dealer will give you on trade.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep em laying around? That's my problem, as I'm a bit of a pack rat. I can see me on a 2020 Grizzly moving my old rappy parts out of the way :grin_nod:
I finally did find someone that wanted the old catalytic converter from my '79 Z-28, though. I think I had the converter longer than I had the car :lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I took my stuff to East Coast ATV and traded it all in for store credit on new mods. (God, sounds like I work for those guys or something... ) For example, I swapped my YFZ 450 front shocks and Stock rear shock for a Gibson +2 steering stem, Gibson antivibe clamp, tag bars and a 15 tooth front sprocket, how's that for a deal? I'm keeping my stock rims and am going to eventually put a new set of Razr2's on them for back up.

·
Registered
623 Posts
same here, keeping my stock parts. will make more cash parting it out when the time comes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts