Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Uhh... no baffle makes a huge difference in how loud it is! The spark arrestor doesn't though.

This is my opinion, but no baffle is bad for our sport. Lots of guys think the louder the better for their image sake. Tough guy complex.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You have the stock muffler on your bike?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no it is VERY loud, so any1 know where i can get a spark arrestor with a quiet core, or a spark arrestor and baffle, etc.

bottom line i need a decent spark arrestor and would like something to make it a little quieter.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Just seen that it is missing the baffle to. Yeah that will make it alot quieter. But in a aftermarket exhaust the Spark arrester screen don't do much for making it quieter. Stock Sparky/Baffle does though.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah, people are pissed off enough at quad riders and the louder you are the madder they get. That's why i'm buying that insert. It will hopefully quiet it down a bit.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have my stock exhaust from my '09 700 if you want to buy it. It had about 5hrs of use on it. Still has baffle and spark arrestor. Could send you just the muffler or the muffler and headpipe if you wanted. It doesn't have a quiet core, but the stockers are pretty quiet.
If interested I'd sell it for $15+shipping.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I fab myself some stainless db killer for my dual force 4 and at idle it sound stock. When riding it's still pretty loud for my personal liking . Looking at my pcv map I'm loosing between 10-15% in power with that setup but since it's winter here and cold outside I don't really notice with my butt dyno lol The powerband is alot different, almost lost all my low end torque but when reving, it's a beast !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts