Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a (new to me) 2020 700r SE and took it out for the weekend. Loved the quad but had one problem. I couldn’t hardly even hear the machine at all it was so quiet. Got to lookin on YouTube and some guys are pulling the spark arrestors for more noise. Obviously if your on trails or whatever you have to have one but I was curious if I could pull it without leaning out the engine. This is the first fuel injected bike I’ve owned so I’m just not sure the the FI will compensate for more exhaust flow?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Here you go, make sure to ask for a spark arrestor if you want one, it is not included. It is just a screen and does not restrict the flow. Also on the order page make sure you comment on which color you want or you will get a polished one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link! I plan to do a fuel controller, full exhaust and a filter soon but just wanted to get some money together first. I removed the stock spark arrestor last night and it sounds sooo much better! But still am kinda unclear if it will hurt the engine to run without the back pressure that the stock spark arrestor gave? So I guess my question is, can I remove the stock spark arrestor without installing a fuel controller? Or should I wait and do both at the same time?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I myself would want a controller but I have seen quite a few running for years without the spark arrestor and no controller. Without the arrestor the exhaust goes every direction out the back of the muffler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts