Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quick question how does my spark plug look? Spark plug Fastener Automotive ignition part Auto part Automotive engine part

Finger Hand Wood Auto part Spark plug

Light Lighting Font Darkness Finger
looks to me its really lean, but i cant find anything on-line that looks like that. The raptor runs great and idles great with the current map i just uploaded on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am not much of a plug expert but from what I have seen that seems to be really on the lean side. You want more like a tanish color in the middle ring. It can be a little tan with gray in it but not that white.

You can refer to this site for a bunch of pictures of plugs:

The quality of the pics aren't the best from this page

http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/spark_plugs_catalog.html

Here is another page that explains all about the spark plugs

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html

Thanks,

Silentrath

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks ok.
Mine is a really light gray almost white and it is stock.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
To me the first looks good, the other two look a little lean, but I am guessing it is from the camera flash.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys, maybe ill try and ritchen it up a little to be on the safe side, would it be easiest to just do that on the programmer with the low mid high settings? I have a pc3. I also have downloaded the powercammander program on my lap top but all the numbers are kinda alot to take in. This is the first ever efi tuning ive done in my life

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mods are big gun es slip on, power bomb header, K&n with prefilter and no air box lid, if anyone has a map for that or somting very similar let me know, and wouldnt it be easier to fine tune the map i used from dyno jet insted of going to a base map like you said? ^^^^

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im currently running a little bit of injector cleaner through it, ive herd that that might affect the color of the spark plug, is this true?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts