Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my raptor is going threw plugs fast a ngk lasted about a week some time 2 it depends how much i ride it and ive been getting a cheaper kind where its using them so fast now the cheap 1s last a good 2 weeks and i know a bunch of people with raptors and none of theres uses them like i do i was told it could be where i have a fi controller and force 4 dual pipes they said it might not be getting enough air but idk so im needing help with this if any1 knows what it could be PLEASE help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are you letting in warm up before you ride? Mine will foul plugs if I dont let it idle for a couple min after starting it for the first time. I just installed an E3 plug and startup seems to be a lot better over the NGK iridium plug.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I dealt with this, this past week, I had a powerCommander 3 and the throttle position sensor was reading 100 all the time. i had to reset it, so it knew it was 0 at idle. If you have a dobeck style, you might just be dumping too much fuel. Depending on the type, see if you can lean out the idle adjustments.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
To reset the throttle position click on “Power
Commander Tools” and then select “Set
Throttle Position.
To reset both the closed and open throttle
positions, first make sure that the bike is
communicating to the computer, then click on
“Reset”. Twist the throttle wide open and
release. Now click OK.
To reset only the closed OR open positions
click on the arrows next to the respective
boxes and then click OK.
If

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a dynatek controller..
ive messed with that controller so much i dont think thats it ive had it lean it was still doing it.then i made it rich and it still done it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts