Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking thru the 700 section, and come across the spark plug mod, i was wondering does this do any good on the 660?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
From where I stand the "mod" has a very marginal effect if not entirely a placebo. I have changed coils, wires, plug types and resistor endcaps and all I can say is there was zero difference on the "butt dyno".

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thanks, i was thinking it wouldnt do nothing on the 660, i read they only use the resistor on the 700 to help protect the ignition

·
I am unique
22,620 Posts
From where I stand the "mod" has a very marginal effect if not entirely a placebo. I have changed coils, wires, plug types and resistor endcaps and all I can say is there was zero difference on the "butt dyno".
The butt dyno, that's cool............

I read the thread on the spark plug wire, and I also have done lots of work with three plugheads. Now from what I remember about some of the results seen from the engine with the sparkplug wire mod, it may help some, but the power difference is probably very marginal.

Even with the three plughead, the power difference is not really the big benefit, it is the broader power band, starting at a lower RPM and lasting longer throughout the RPM range........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts