Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been with this problem for a while and the truth is very annoying, the raptor damages the spark plugs, I can ride today all day, I leave it one day without using, the next it does not start, the only way is a new spark plug or hitting the old one to close it (starts but does not work well) any recommendations? So far I have already changed the cable and the high coil (and about 10 spark plugs of different brands, even iridium and nothing)

·
Registered
995 Posts
What is it damaging on the plug? How?

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
If you mean that the plug gap is opening in the cylinder(you said you have to hit the plug to close it so it will run correctly), then that is extremely hot/lean, and if so, I cannot belive it still runs, especially after multiple plug changes.
Do you have any modifications, or a fuel controller?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is not physical, nothing hits, the spark plug just stops working, I already removed the msd blaster, it lasted a little longer but it will die again, could it be that the injector is pulling too much gasoline?

·
Registered
995 Posts
You need to describe in detail how “the plug stops working.” Post pics too. It’s just a piece of metal inside the plug. There’s no way for it to “stop working” unless you are snapping them in half or opening the gap too big.
Please, details!!

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will give you a summary, I use the raptor almost every day, let's say I put a new spark plug on Monday, due to restrictions on Tuesday I can't use it, 2 weeks pass, the third week I use it on Monday, on Tuesday I don't know use it, on Wednesday when I am going to use it, I simply did not do it, it starts, it throws explosions and dies, I change the spark plug and as if nothing happened and it starts the cycle again
Additional note, the first week goes well, and on the second week it starts to work badly on occasions, like it accelerates and makes a low and then continues

·
Registered
995 Posts
Okay, I have another question for you - in the first drawing the spark travels from the electrode to the ground strap like normal. But in the second pic you show the spark arcing out into the air. The spark should not be able to arc into the air under normal circumstance. It must arc to a ground.
What are you doing with the plug when you are witnessing it sparking like that? And where is it grounding to if it’s not grounding to the plug strap?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when it works as in the second image it no longer works, it goes to the garbage, if for example I close the electrode it will start but it will go quite bad

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
when it works as in the second image it no longer works, it goes to the garbage, if for example I close the electrode it will start but it will go quite bad
Are they fouling?
Black and wet?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
today for example he died as usual on Wednesdays, when I took out the bugia it was wet and black

·
Registered
995 Posts
Is your airfilter plugged up? Exhaust plugged somehow?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Maybe test your injector then. Could be opening for too long/not closing/spraying too much. Are you running a stock injector?

One thing is for sure here - you are getting too much fuel, or too little air. Only a few things can cause that.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Probably need to calibrate the throttle position sensor.
Also remember not to touch the throttle until engine is warmed up.

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,441 Posts
Show us pictures of bad plugs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts