Raptor Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,411 Posts
Do a compression or leak down test. Are you losing oil?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Man, that does look awfully black...you’ve got to decide for yourself man - is it oil on the plug or is it too much fuel/not enough air? It’s either one or the other. Best place to start is a leak down test IMO. You could be burning oil and not realize it.

How long do you go between oil changes?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Show us pictures of bad plugs.
Hmmm...want to see a pic of a bad plug?? I got you, took this out of my commuter car, a Toyota echo, at 145k miles. Started misfiring and wouldn’t run right lol. Wonder why.

·
11,411 Posts
Hmmm...want to see a pic of a bad plug?? I got you, took this out of my commuter car, a Toyota echo, at 145k miles. Started misfiring and wouldn’t run right lol. Wonder why.
Just close the gap and it'll go another hundred thousand...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Man, that does look awfully black...you’ve got to decide for yourself man - is it oil on the plug or is it too much fuel/not enough air? It’s either one or the other. Best place to start is a leak down test IMO. You could be burning oil and not realize it.

How long do you go between oil changes?
I think it is gasoline because that black is carbon, I have seen spark plugs with oil and the feeling is different, I think I should buy a new injector, I am using the 2006 oem, it may already have completed its cycle, don't you think?

·
11,411 Posts
Soak the injector in cleaner and then spray with a carb/injector cleaner. Trigger the injector with 9-12 volt battery and spray thru.
I know your gas is bad and may plug the injector.

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Verify tps calibration. Early years tps is prone to failure by a flawed design allowing water to enter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The tps had already been replaced

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
Replaced or not, it needs to be calibrated.

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The tps is fine, the problem is simpler, the spark plug is filling with carbon due to excess fuel, what can produce excess fuel in the raptor?

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
The tps is fine, the problem is simpler, the spark plug is filling with carbon due to excess fuel, what can produce excess fuel in the raptor?
Dirty injector, bad fuel map, or as I’ve said a few times the throttle position sensor may be out of calibration.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
TPS is well checked, I just mounted a new injector (totally new oem) I'm going to try and tell you

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sometimes your tps can appear fine if you only check it at fully open. Make sure you slowly depress the throttle and watch the voltage on the sensor. It should slowly increase. Any sudden jumps will indicate that it is bad. Sometimes people do not realize this.

As tweb said, that’s really it for causing excessive fuel. Burning oil will also make the plug black too, though. I think that was already mentioned.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts