Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to change spark plug real quick today after work to go ride this weekend. Went to use tool and wouldnt fit, found the plastic holder inside had broke and I am sure its down in around the plug. Tried a deep socket and been trying the tool it came with but nothing works. Anyone have any ideas how to get the plastic out or am I going to have to pull the whole motor to change a spark plug. Geniouses down at yamaha decided to put the plug down a three inch hole on top of the motor so I cant get my fingers down or see. Any ideas will help.
By the way I have all the plastics and the gas tank off still cant see down it to see if the broken plastic thing is in there.

·
Registered
827 Posts
if it were me i would use a flashlight and a mirror. i would first check to see what the obstruction is and then jerry rig something to get it out. in the mean time i would look at the piece you normally put back on top on the plug and maybe look at some photos or the service manual to see if soemthing is broke. maybe post a pic on here and we might be able to help. i know it sux :( :mad: when something like this happens but when theres a will theres a way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Go to the hardware store and get one of those long screw retrievers. looks like a big spring with a push button on one side, when you depress the plunger 4 wires come out of the other end almost like a claw.
Craftsman 23-1/2 in. Pick Up Tool
Sears item #00941322000 Mfr. model #41322

Works like a charm and only cost 6 bucks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys. Got it figured out though the tool that came with it wasnt butting up on the threads beacause that plastic clip thats suppose to help get the plug out was not deep enough. Drilled it out and it worked perfect. Thanks again for the quick responses though :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts