Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got done installing my new dmc force 4s and decided to take them off to throw some heat wrap on the wires thats close to the header. when i broke the exhaust apart i noticed it had alot of water in it.. maybe condensation? i also noticed it was really charred or soot residue from only 3 short idling periods. I pulled the plug and it looked really chalky black indicating a rich condition. My question is how would a stock machine at the time with only 20 hours on it be running so rich when from the factory theyre supposed to run on the lean side. for about the last 10 hours of riding bare stock the only thing i did to it was pull the airbox lid and spark arrestor. i did not have a tuner on it during those 20 hours..

thanks for any ideas you guys might have

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
i did not have a tuner on it during those 20 hours..
Yea....... Fuel controllers aren't little suggested boxes... You NEED it when running anything internal, or involving the movement of your rappys' breathing (intake and exhaust). "Just 20 hours" isn't quite a just... The water in your pipes is probably normal depending on the humidity where you were riding and how rich your a/f mixture is, again the fuel controller... If your not looking to pay 250$ or whatever it is now for the PC3's and PC5's then you can look at the Dobeck gen 2's. All are purchasable from the Vendors section under Forum.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a controller installed now. Back then I didn't realize how much removing the lid and arrestor changed the fuel curve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts