Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,
just curious if anybody knows of a website where i can find the spark plug socket for my quad. im assuming its 5/8". none of my sockets at home are deep enough and i dont have the factory tool kit that the bike is supposed to have.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Try ebay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If I remember correctly it is a 3/4" plug socket or a regular socket unthread it all the way then put the wire back on it and pull it out.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
I just bought a tool kit off ebay for 8 bucks....

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Awsome dude =)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
3/4 is 19mm

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
There is a trick I learned about getting the plug started. Get a small chunk of fuel tubing that will fit over the end of the plug, with some dialectic grease on it. this will let you get the plug threads started, then pull off the tube and tighten.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
There is a trick I learned about getting the plug started. Get a small chunk of fuel tubing that will fit over the end of the plug, with some dialectic grease on it. this will let you get the plug threads started, then pull off the tube and tighten.
Great idea. One thing I will add is not to get dielectric grease on the porcelain close to the base. This can cause a misfire........

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Tru. yo just need a little bit on the top to get the tube to slip off. I learned this from trying to get the plugs in my Manxter buggy, It has the Bergman cooling system on it.

Attachments

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
Hey HK - I've got one of those too - not a Manxter, but a Manx clone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Looks good Quad. Looks like your running the old swing axle.

Mine is one of the Manxter2+2 and a Barrien buggy that is sitting in Denver, I have a 2380 Jack Rabby Type 4 engine and 091 tranny

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
Gumby has a built swing axle tranny (Rhino case, Super diff, close ratio welded gears) with a 2180 (92 bore x 82 stroke) engine... fun toy.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
The Manxter now has a Subaru WRX engine:-D the Kick out is getting a 1776 or the old 2180 with CB EFI on it ot the Webers, not sure yet.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
That Subi engine has always been a desire of mine.

I've got a turbo 1776 on my 2 seater rail - now THAT is a kick in the pants - that power driving 800 lbs (plus my big butt)... at least it was before I threw a rod. Too many toys - I still haven't got around to fixing it, I bought the Manx instead LOL.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.