Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get speed grill mesh to go behind the stock hood. I want it to follow the lines of the hood, not go flat against the radiator. :help:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
0 and 50 :3question:

Damn yo, what kind of custom grills is everyone using?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I looked into getting some to make a custom cover once on a different quad and the best I could find was a universal piece that would have to be cut to fit, but it was about a inch to narrow for what I needed. I beleive Stylintrucks.com had the universal one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
At one time, this same material could be had at a home improvement place, maybe try Lowes or Home Depot...one time this very same stuff would have been used for a Room Divder Mesh. It proper name, if you care: is expanded Steel or Aluminum!

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I'm having a hard time pictureing what you are looking for.

Doesn't sound like expanded steel if he wants it to go with the stock lines of the hood. However, expanded steel would look pretty cool in a polished aluminum...you can get that stuff at a steel yard, thats what I built my trailer out of.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
UpOnTwo said:
Shawnz said:
Mesh "C" is exactly what Im looking for. I have seen the ones made for Raptors the mount flush against the radiator, but I was trying to find one that mounted flush against the back of the hood. Still havent found any, may just have to fab one. Ah well, just makes it that much more unique.
I get what you are talking about. I think it would look good if you could get it to work. Post pics if u do :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Kinda has the same look as the alba hood....

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Teraflx said:
Kinda has the same look as the alba hood....

Exactly like that, except with the stock plastics.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Oh damn! THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
How's this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now we are gettin some where....you da man, Zebradog :thumbsup:

Homemade or store bought?

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I bought the mesh C from that guy, he is here in Oregon, so I went there and bought it, made templates out of cardboard, cut the mesh, and used high temp RTV and clamps to put it in.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet man, it looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Just so you know, I WILL be copying you soon :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Zebradog said:
I bought the mesh C from that guy, he is here in Oregon, so I went there and bought it, made templates out of cardboard, cut the mesh, and used high temp RTV and clamps to put it in.
Well it turned out great. :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Just to let you know, I made 3 seperate pieces. I used cardboard to shape each individual hole and cut it out with fiskar cutters. It cuts pretty easy, but it's a bitch to get it glued down, you have to do it in stages, the center bottom first and then the edges at the top.

Just so you know, I took your idea and just ran with it. the material cost me $20 plus the silicone. If you call the guy, tell him I came in and bought it from him, he'll remember.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Zebradog said:
Just to let you know, I made 3 seperate pieces. I used cardboard to shape each individual hole and cut it out with fiskar cutters. It cuts pretty easy, but it's a bitch to get it glued down, you have to do it in stages, the center bottom first and then the edges at the top.

Just so you know, I took your idea and just ran with it. the material cost me $20 plus the silicone. If you call the guy, tell him I came in and bought it from him, he'll remember.
Thats why I love this forum, everyone trading ideas and helping each other out. :)

Btw, Im on the phone with their "24/7 Phone Support" right now! No one is answering tho so I'll probably just call back tomorrow. Again, yours looks awesome, turned out great! :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I need to remove the black thing behind it, I think I'm gonna cut it out and ise it to mount my LEDs to, but cut the inside of it out completely

1 - 20 of 32 Posts