Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some know what is the speed sensor cable?

I need to know which one comes to the ECU because I think the cable has no continuity but I have to be sure which one it is

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,590 Posts
The 'blue wire' mod works on the early years, BUT, is a obsolete now. Instead, remove the round, plastic switch from the clutch perch. Then zip tie the switch, connected to the wires, out of the way. You'll also be able to start the bike in any gear.

Not sure if the blue wire mod actually worked, others may know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 'blue wire' mod works on the early years, BUT, is a obsolete now. Instead, remove the round, plastic switch from the clutch perch. Then zip tie the switch, connected to the wires, out of the way. You'll also be able to start the bike in any gear.
friends do not understand, I know what is the poprque cable I have an error 42 (new sensor) and because I already tested all the cables and none gives me continuity therefore it seems that it is the broken cable but I have to be sure what it is to replace it

·
10,590 Posts
I don't know what year yours is but '06 - '09 is covered in my manual. It shows a solid blue wire to the speed sensor, is the 4th wire into the ECU. And also a solid black wire to the speed sensor, is the 8th wire into the ECU.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
excellent, I think I have another manual because I didn't see it on mine, thank you very much
I don't know what year yours is but '06 - '09 is covered in my manual. It shows a solid blue wire to the speed sensor, is the 4th wire into the ECU. And also a solid black wire to the speed sensor, is the 8th wire into the ECU.

·
10,590 Posts
Send a valid email to Morphrider for a free, upgraded, digital manual with wiring diagrams.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Yup, send me a valid email And what year you have. I have the revised edition for 2013 and newer machines.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine is an old 2006, and check all the cables and if they are good, I think I will buy another sensor to try, (it hurts to spend so much on a sensor that is useless -_-)

·
10,590 Posts
Have you tested the sensor? It's isn't hard.
Do you have aftermarket dual exhaust? Check the wire harness behind the exhaust on the right side for contact and burning from heat.

·
10,590 Posts
You have a code 42, what are the symptoms? Will it run?
Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and the check for codes again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It works well, I have months with it, it is annoying because the light is always on, according to the test (video) is the sensor bad?

·
10,590 Posts
what do you think?
So, the speed sensor is reading correctly, but, does it stay at 4.8 volts when you stop turning the axle. I would think it should drop back to zero.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it damaged? It's almost $ 100 replacement just to try..
This say the manual

·
10,590 Posts
If your volt meter is accurate, it shows 4.87 volts. That is .07 volts out of range, I'm not familiar with bad speed sensors or if that would trigger your check engine light and code.

Have you tried disconnecting your battery?

·
10,590 Posts
It's almost $ 100 replacement just to try..

I have some I can send you, just pay postage. BUT, I have no way to test if they are good.

·
10,590 Posts
How we do ?
I'll need your address information and find out how much international shipping is and you pay that in USD. Then I post it to you with no charge for the parts.. BUT, as said, I have no way to test them and can't guaranty they are good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts