Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unplugged my speed sensor and the bike started running like crap. It will not start without giving a lot of gas, sounds like it wants to stall at idle and will stall in 1st gear clutch in and no gas :3question: Sounds like Planter had a similar problem. I have the sensor plugged back in and was going to disconect the battery, hoping the ECU will reset. Was there any ajustments I should have made while unplugging the sensor? If the battery does not work what can I do to get it running right? I know the sensor topic has been beat to death, but I could not find an answer to this problem. :help:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hmmm.. Are you sure you unplugged the right one? Cause the wrong one could cause the bike to run badly.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will not clear any codes or reset any faults.
To fix a fault, you have to turn the power off, fix the sensor, then turn the power back on.
The code will be stored until erased with the factory scan-tool.

You must have unplugged something else.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I unplugged the S.S. After a lot of checking, and spark plugs, I found that I was running a little rich. I adjusted my PCIII and it is running fine today. I still don't understand what made my bike rich all of the sunden?

·
Registered
100 Posts
We have a 700 that the injector started flowing so much fuel it wouldnt start.Installed new injector problem solved.Hopefully not, but maybe yours is on the way out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts