Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new and this is my first post. I searched all day yesterday, but could find no pics of the speed sensor or how to remove it. Please help!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the help! Maybe it will help me beat my buddy's Raptor 660. He has gone up two teeth on the front sprocket and has his baffle removed. I clocked him at 75-80 in my Toyota the other day. His top end just blows mine away!

·
Registered
572 Posts
curious, if in stock trim the 700r goes lets say 75mph. now with the baffle removed and speed sensor removed what will it go up to safely?ive heard with all things equal some have gone 93 mph. now removing the air box lid wouldnt be safe but im sure some have done it also.what speed would that net?
in my own instance, the only thing i see different with the baffle out is more low end grunt,and not more speed.. :confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Removing the air box lid is fairly safe, i think that 93 mph you are talking about is with the 3 mods(PCIII, intake, full pipe) and lid removed. There are a lot of posts on this that have been debated for pages, but I dont think you are gonna get much more than low to mid eighties with stock trim.

·
Registered
542 Posts
william..........alls he has done is moved up 2 teeth and has his baffle out? my brother has a 660 thats fully piped, intake, and alot of weight reduction and i still beat him by 6-7 quad lengths.......my 700 just has a throw in uni filter. now when were on sand and i have the paddles goin i just leave him sitting and he either just lets me go or hell just show off and wheelie for 2 miles.

if you have a 700 you should def be pwning him!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, he went up two teeth on his engine sprocket and removed his spark arrestor. I clocked him at 80 in my Tacoma. He blew me away on my 2006 KFX 700, now that I got the raptor 700, he still does! I think it's a combination of the lower gearing and the speed sensor. I just ordered a 15 tooth sprockt and I will put it on Friday. I looked for the speed sensor this weekend but to no avail!

·
Registered
517 Posts
No offence but it could be your riding and you are way out of your power band. If I recall correctly At 9k you are what back at 15-18hp on the 700.

Just by changing my riding I gained 1.5-2 lengths.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
you are not going to get out of the low 80's with out doing the 3 mods. unplugging the limiter pretty much does nothing on a stock machine. It may barely effect a stock machine that has the baffle and lid removed. It you put the 15T on it you will never be near the rpm in 5th to worry about the speed sensor.
You really need the 3 mods to see the diff with unplugging the speed sensor and/or going to the 15T.
I am one of those that hit approx 95mph with the 3 mods, stock gearing and a slight down hill. I know this cause I hit the rev limiter. On flat ground I am sure it would still be in the high 80's.
Now with the 15T on that same down hill I cant hit the rev limiter...not enough power yet. BUT I bet on flat ground I am seeing low 90's! (this all with 20 inch tires)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally raced my buddy's 660 the other day and I'm bone stock minus a Yamaha hour meter. He thinks my topend is five miles per hour FASTER than mine. Who woulda guessed? Oh yea, I've never gotten past 7K on my tach.

·
Registered
134 Posts
William Lawn said:
He thinks my topend is five miles per hour FASTER than mine. Who woulda guessed?
I dont understand, who's top end is faster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.