Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who do not know Yamaha has a speed sensor installed into the transmission. what it does is in 5th gear at somewhere around 7500 it starts de-rating your timing and ultimately governing your top speed.

Unplug that thing, it will not effect your computor or give any ill side effects to your bike. the only thing you will have is a sensor in your tranny with 3 wires about a foot long tht you will need to tie up or.......

you can replace the sensor With a Custom Billet CNC Machined Aluminum Plug that I am having built in a CO/OP with the Rocket Factory. I am building 100 of them to start with 40 of them already sold. Cost is $18.00 ea. plus $2.00 for shipping any where in the US.
So for only $20.00 you get a cool plug that cleans up ugly wiring and its an reduces an added step when splitting your cases.

if you are interested please let me know.

I wont be posting a picture until I have the 1st 100 sold......there are companies that watch this stuff and steal designs.......and believe me it happens.

they are 2 weeks out.

Thanks,

Mike

D

·
0 Posts
how fast do we really need to go? but thats a good idea, let us know how to sign up.thanks ;)

·
Registered
841 Posts
So with this piece will the check engine lights still come on? Id problly be interested

·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To answer as many Questions as I can.

StuntPunkJames said:
So with this piece will the check engine lights still come on? Id problly be interested
none of us that have these in have had the engine light come on.........20+ hrs on my engine since unplugging and no light yet. as well as other riders in our area that the RF has worked on, none of which the lights have came on!
dizheafta said:
how fast do we really need to go? but thats a good idea, let us know how to sign up.thanks ;)
if you would like one send me a pm with the quantity and I will reply back in the evenings.....already got 12 gone on top of the 40 previously

CAROLINA_700R said:
So what benefits can I expect after removing this sensor? 8)
6-9 MPH and wires that are ugly will be gone!
NVMYRC said:
Mike sign me up. How would you like payment?

Craig,
Send me a pm and when I get it all together I will get with everyone for payment.

Thanks for the interest,

Mike

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in!!!!

PM sent. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do you accept a credit card transaction through paypal?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
can you send pics where this sensor is located?

·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NVMYRC said:
Hey Guys leave Shredder a PM and he will take care of you. :thumbsup:

Craig,
Thanks For the Help Craig.....Idefinately need it

Mike

roc64 said:
can you send pics where this sensor is located?
on top of the engine, drivers side, to the left of the serial # stamping.

Talked to my Machinist just a few momments ago.......he has already ordered the material(he knows me to well) said they will be built at the end of next week. at that time I will be seeking $$$ Paypal is the definate prefered payment, it will be faster for you and I can replenish my $$ quicker. I will post some pictures tomorrow night on the placement of the sensor.

OBTW......734 w/14-38 gearing went from 74 mph top speed to 91mph.....big difference for little $$

Mike

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
what do you mean by this...

"OBTW......734 w/14-38 gearing went from 74 mph top speed to 91mph.....big difference for little $$

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think he means, "oh by the way(OBTW) a raptor 700 with a bored out 734 kit and stock gearing had a top speed of 74 mph with the speed sensor plugged in, and had a top speed of 91 mph with the speed sensor unplugged". He's basically trying to say for $20(which you don't even have to spend unless you want the cool little metal plug) you can go 17mph faster.

That was what I took from it but I am probably missing your point.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Actually thats what I got from it to, but find it hard to believe you pick up 17 mph? And I think a stock raptor tops out higher that 74 if I am correct.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
For the above, I have a hard time believing a 734 with stock gearing and the speed sensor plugged in only did 74mph....give me a break. A BONE STOCK 700 will do around 75mph..give or take a few mph.
I have a stock bore with the "3mods" and with stock gearing and the sensor plugged in it would get to the low 80's. With it unplugged it would do upper 80's-around 9omph. With a slight grade I hit the rev limit in 5th, which puts me at 95mph.

Quote from: StuntPunkJames on Today at 10:42:51 AM

(quote from shredder770)
none of us that have these in have had the engine light come on.........20+ hrs on my engine since unplugging and no light yet. as well as other riders in our area that the RF has worked on, none of which the lights have came on!
(quote shredder 770)

For this thread......I would be totally interested in one, but am failing to understand how your check engine lights are not coming on.
I have had mine unplugged now for a while. Seems every 8 or so hours the check engine comes on...I have to plug it back in...then role forward a few quad lengths and the light goes out, then unplug it again. I have tested it the second time to see if the timing gets retarded with the light on and it did seem to be retarding the timing with it unplugged and the check engine light on.
SO, if I get one of these pieces (which sound nice)and I am out riding and the light comes on....how the hell am I to get it to go back out? Unless by physically taking out a insignificant piece of hardware that has no electrical current going to it(unplugged speed sensor) and then replacing it with a piece of billet aluminum (block off plug) is somehow changing what the computer is not seeing there...................I dont see this working out so well????????????? :confused:
To me nothing has changed and the light will indeed still come on. I am not the only one that has had there light come on....I was one of the first to do this, and all of us have had the light come on.....that is why someone went through all the effort of making there own switch!
Anyway......not trying to dog your creation, not one bit! I want one, and I DONT want that group of wires coming out of the case above the counter sprocket....but, I also dont want to be clipping down the trail and have the light come on and have NO way to get it reset! :confused: :3question:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
roc64 said:
Actually thats what I got from it to, but find it hard to believe you pick up 17 mph? And I think a stock raptor tops out higher that 74 if I am correct.

.........exactly! A stock one DOES top out anywhere from 74-78mph. By unplugging it stock you wont gain that much.....just cause you dont have the power to pull it. BUT, once you have just the 3mods and you unplug it, you should gain 6-9mph! THEN you are creating enough power to pull the tall gearing.
With a 734 you should have more than enough power to pull into the 90's, if my 3mods quad is getting to approx 90mph!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Boom, while I don't doubt what your saying is possible, I am curious as to how you are getting your speeds. It sounds like you might be using GPS or maybe a trail tech, or just gearing ratios, which may give inaccurate or theoretical results.

Just curious, you know more than I do.

And boom, I thought you run a 15t front? Maybe your numbers were pre 15t

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey man, I was talking all before the 15T. The 74-78mph comes from countless testimonies from members with GPS, or trail tech.
My 95mph comes from gearing ratio's which CAN NOT BE OFF as its basic math. Unless one wants to correct the laws of mathematics?? With true 20inch tires, a rev limit of 9k, and solid 700 gear ratio numbers you can say with certainty I was running around 94-95mph when hitting the rev limit in 5th gear. I ran it like this for probably a mile, so there was no wheel spin....especially considering there in NO power left when up that far in the revs....and that it took a slight down hill grade to do it!
My 90mph guesstimate is just that. I know what the quad sounded/felt like at 95....on flat ground I would say about 88-90mph is a fair guesstimate....especially with the gps and trail tech numbers running all over the internet. Also, my buddies 15T yfz, according to math is suppose to run approx 89mph.....If I "hang back" with him and stay side by side utill he is wacking his rev limit at (11,250rpm, gytr cdi) and achieving his maximum gearing potential in 5th I can go a tad faster......which is "around 90mph".

Some of the other testing with and without the speed sensor, my buddies gps unit was used.

with the 15T my maximum gearing potential puts my topspeed up to 101.84mph at 9k.....BUT there is no way in hell I have the power at this point to pull it. I doubt my "absolute" topspeed went up ANY by going to the 15T...just cause I dont have the power to rev it all the way out with that tall of gearing. The diff is now I can "cruise" at 90-95mph and not feel tapped out, cause the revs are now lower with the 15T.

Some of these street legal guys running 15/37 and 15/36 gearing and street tires are getting OVER 100mph!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
.......any pics of the plug??

1 - 20 of 303 Posts