Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the thread about this and was trying to figure it out. If you disconnect it does your check engine light come on or not? Or is it just the luck of the draw?

·
Registered
575 Posts
i believe after you unplug the wires it will come on after about 8 hours. I unplugged mine and logged about 4 or more hours with it and she still hasn't came on.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Different bikes have been getting results with how long before the engine light comes on, but you just plug it back together again and ride 10m or so in 1st gear till it goes out and your good for the next session . The speed sensor only limits the rpm of the output shaft in 5th gear, as far as i can make out back to about 6500rpm were all the other gears do about 8000rpm so by disconnecting this and having an area big enough to do this speed you should pick up a higher top end speed . The more performance mods you have done to your bike the greatter the noticeable difference but only in top gear .
Hope this helps :grin_nod:

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
Crafty Steve said:
Different bikes have been getting results with how long before the engine light comes on, but you just plug it back together again and ride 10m or so in 1st gear till it goes out and your good for the next session . The speed sensor only limits the rpm of the output shaft in 5th gear, as far as i can make out back to about 6500rpm were all the other gears do about 8000rpm so by disconnecting this and having an area big enough to do this speed you should pick up a higher top end speed . The more performance mods you have done to your bike the greatter the noticeable difference but only in top gear .
Hope this helps :grin_nod:
Your so crafty Steve! :lol: sorry I have ADD... ::)

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Raptor0731 said:
I was reading the thread about this and was trying to figure it out. If you disconnect it does your check engine light come on or not? Or is it just the luck of the draw?
It will come on......8 hrs seems to be the magic #........mine went 20 or so...........and I know a few that havent come on at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.