Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys - I thought this had been brought up before abt adding a toggle switch where the connector for the speed sensor is....
- - i searched and cant find that thread anyway -
ANYWAY - Can i (or has anyone) cut the speed sensor connectors out, and then just bought and installed a toggle switch there ? ? I am tired of burning my hands on my DUALS everytime i try to unplug or plug back in the connectors...I think there is three wires....so couldnt i just find a toggle switch that would take three wires on both sides... and then just flip it back and forth - to have in engaged or disengaged ? ?
- - There might be something im missing here.... but just wondering if this will work,... and if anyone else has tried it... just want to be FOR SURE that when i flip it to "engaged" that everything on the atv still works good - like that it is engaged the same way as if it was in the connectors...

what do you all think ? ?
I am just tired of burning my hands - i plug/unplug mine quite a bit... in the trails i want it plugged in so mud/water doesnt get in the connectors and then racing (which trails and racing are usually kinda mixed together-where i ride) i want it unplugged...

thanks for any input you all can give..
Plattner

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Don't know much about the speed sensor, but you could easily switch 3 wires using 3 realys with one switch. I don't know how familiar you are with relays, but it would be quite simple. Just a little bulky.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
yes it will work. cut the white wire and splice in there. i did it but went a little further, i wired mine thru a stock blaster throttle assembly using a micro switch inside the housing. this will allow the speed sensor to be active when not on the throttle and disabled when on the throttle. works like a charm, you just have to buy a different micro switch then what is in the stock blaster throttle..

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright man - thank you very much

07raptor gytr - so can i just soder the other two wires together.... and then just put the toggle on the white wire ? ? ? or should i leave the other two wires in the connector and leave it connected and then cut the white wires off of the connector and put a toggle switch btwn the white wire ? ?

Thanks again
Aaron Plattner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts