Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new to this forum and would really appreciate your help. I own a 2016 700R SE and seriously considering installing a speedometer; however, I’d like for it to be as inconspicuous and sleek as possible. Has anyone successfully installed an oem 09-12 cluster on a newer model? If so, what were the challenges, if any, and what are the pros and cons about the system? Does it interfere with or otherwise overlap with the 2016 instrument panel? I’m not opposed to installing an aftermarket speedometer, but if I went this route I want your opinion on what brand/model is the absolute best on the market. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
It is very expensive, you need new arnes and the screen itself is scarce, apart from that the front fender will not serve you so you will end up making a hole to try to put it, better go for a tech trail

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, gents. The vapor looks sick! Have you guys heard anything about the Koso?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The koso looks great but it is somewhat more complicated to install, the Vapor is very, very simple to install, that is why it was my choice and it is also somewhat discreet

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is a good strong mount that looks like it came from the factory. Much stronger than the Trail Tech mount. I got one from this company for my 660. Love it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a good strong mount that looks like it came from the factory. Much stronger than the Trail Tech mount. I got one from this company for my 660. Love it!

That mount looks ridiculously strong and would no doubt do the trick. Thanks, Snowmoer

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Trailtech Voyager Pro. It not only shows speed via gps along with tach, temps, voltage, etc but you can add a gauge pod plus track other riders location's in your group with one.
? if you don’t mind me asking do you have part numbers, did you have to add the indicators or was it all in one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Voyager Pro itself is pn 922-133. That comes with a simple plastic handle bar mount. I purchased the billet protector for 1-1/8" bars separate for $150 as well as the indicator kit for $60. You can look them up on Trailtechs website but you can find the VP unit for less at several sites like Ebay.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also, the buddy tracking works awesome but only if you can talk your friends into springing for one. Trailtech was supposed to come out with an inexpensive standalone beacon for tracking their where abouts but that hasnt happened.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed the vapor on my 08 SE. I cut out the original pod that your ignition is in. Fits real nice and is sleek. I’ve found that I don’t use it that often though. The first couple of times it was cool to see the speed and data but realistically if your doing 50 down a road or across the sand my eyes are where I’m going and not down at my handle bars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts