Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to install a speedometer on my 660?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Depends on what kind your going with. The trail tesh setup is fairly simple to install. Ive even seen people rig up bicycle speedo's on there quads. :eek:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Teraflx said:
Depends on what kind your going with. The trail tesh setup is fairly simple to install. Ive even seen people rig up bicycle speedo's on there quads. :eek:
teraflx meant Trail Tech, not Trail Tesh. Trail Tech makes what is called a Vapor which show's speedometer, how many hours you have on the bike, how many hours you rode on your last trip, RPM, time, distance, temperature. The website is trail-tech.net Here is another forum member that has it installed. Click on the link and then click the video and it will show you what it looks like. Looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
RaptorFreeeek said:
teraflx meant Trail Tech, not Trail Tesh.
ya, I mistyped. Sorry silver bullet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its aright..

that speedo looks real nice, i think i may look into getting it.. thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Silver Bullet 001 said:
its aright..

that speedo looks real nice, i think i may look into getting it.. thanks
There is a Trail Tech unit that is just the speedo called the Lynx and it's cheaper than the Vapor if you don't have the need/desire for the RPM readout.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Or you can try the endurance which is around 100 bucks and is very easy to install. You can also get the bar mount for it which looks pretty good

·
Registered
33 Posts
What was wrong with your vapor pacanis? I'm getting one this march for my b-day, I'm just nervous about flipping the quad and breaking it. If you guys or gals are going to be buying one pm me, I know a guy that can get you a vapor for 100 dollars shipped 8)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Oh, nothing is wrong with them... now.
It just took TT forever to address some issues they were having with their product and the Raptor 700.
Sometimes their customer service seems great and sometimes it feels like they let you slip through the cracks on purpose in hopes of not hearing from you again.... and I want to buy some lights off them, but I'll be damned if I'm going to deal with someone who doesn't answer my emails or return my messages.
Unfortunately they have some nice looking shit, so I may have to. :(

·
Registered
815 Posts
so when you buy just the trailtech Vapor - what all do you get ?
you get all the wires to hook everything up ?
do you get ANY clamps to clamp it to your handlebars ?

thanks Plattner

98warrior - i want to find out some more info on the Vapor, but then i will probably be wanting to order one.... rockymountain has the Vapor for $107 shipped to your door....

·
Registered
610 Posts
From their website:

This is a complete Vapor installation kit. Comes with Trail Tech Vapor computer, power wire, RPM sensor, temperature sensor, speed sensor, handlebar mounting hardware and instructions. Aluminum protector sold separately...Engine temp. sensor is radiator hose insert (3/4").

You get the whole ball of wax.

One thing I read..... was it this thread?.... is someone worried about breaking it if he rolled or flipped. First off, a hundred dollar tech toy would be the least of my worries, but if you use the billet piece (sold separately) it's pretty well protected and if you use the plastic handlebar mount that comes with it, it would probably roll or snap out of the way as it's pretty flimsy. That's my theory anyway, I use the plastic handlebar mount :crazy:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Machy said:
How do you make a bicycle speedometer work on a rappy?
He programmed the correct size somehow, and mounted the sensor on the wheel. Its hard to explain but when the sensor on the wheel passes the sensor on the brake area it tells him the speed. He said it took awhile to get the right tire size programmed in but he just had his wife ride next to him in the car letting him know his speed and he tried different sizes till he got it dialed in. He is nuts if you ask me always doing crazy things like that but his stuff always works in the end. :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder if you can adapt those old bicycle lights that used to generate their own power by rubbing against the tire sidewall?
:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts