Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im trying to install my a-arms onto the spindle but the joint keeps turning when i try to tighten the nut. Is there any tricks to help tighten the nut all the way down?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok im trying to install my a-arms onto the spindle but the joint keeps turning when i try to tighten the nut. Is there any tricks to help tighten the nut all the way down?
Clean any grease off of the tapred part, and push them down tight, you may even ahve to clamp them down, if you are using a nylock nut, use an ordinary nut first to get it down tight............:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking about getting a C-clamp and pressing it down and trying to tighten it then. But i didnt even think about using a normal nut. ive only tried the castle nut. it gets about half way and then grabs and spins the whole bearing.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i was thinking about getting a C-clamp and pressing it down and trying to tighten it then. But i didnt even think about using a normal nut. ive only tried the castle nut. it gets about half way and then grabs and spins the whole bearing.
A castle nut should be fine, make sure the threads are clean, run a die over the threads and a tap through the nut........

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea that wouldnt hurt. Ill give a shot. and if i haveto ill use a C-clamp and a normal nut

1 - 5 of 5 Posts