Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ride in tons of mud and was wondering if it's worth getting the covers?
Will they ever come clean again? Because man it's a hassle to remove them and throw them in the wash.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey There. I just ordered some from ebay today. I just got my 07 GYT-R yesterday and i wanna protect them shocks. I didnt have any on my 05 660 and a bunch of dirt and sand got in them and when you put any wieght on the bike you could hear them making niose from all the junk in them. Allthough i dont think it affected thier performance i just didnt like it much. Also the shocks are very hard to clean so hopefully these things work out for the best. I got the grey GYT-R shock covers with the white flame and i dont know how well they will clean up after a good ride but i guess ill have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I use Scotchguard on the outside and tent silicone on the inside of mine. They stay fairly clean considering.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just know that they will rub the paint off the outside part of the springs.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I have run neoprene covers for years, and they don't rub the paint off the springs. Nylon is another story.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Dirtskins and Verde both make neoprene, and I am sure there are others, too.

I have Dirtskins now, but had Verde on my last ride, both were good products. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts