Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at Tag sprockets....anybody have any experience with them, I figures te lighter rotational mass may be of benifit ( I have never used an aluminum sprocket ) What are the wear/break characteristics? Should I stick with steel for the counter sprocket?

Also, what chain is the best for the money, I was looking at DID standard Oring chain, not sure I need the x ring type.

Im planning to change gearing to 14/38 and see what happens at the same time.

So, what-cha think?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Not sure the 38 will fit, always though 39 was the lower limit with a 520 chain but I confess I've never tried a 38.

Aluminum is lighter but wears faster and is more sensitive to mud/sand than steel. If you're worried about rotating mass then go for it but if it's a recreational machine the steel is cheaper and lasts longer.

Never used Tag sprockets before, where are you finding them?

You'll be fine with the o-ring, x-ring isn't anything special in my book anyway.

I'm assuming from the gearing you're doing some road-running. Might want to consider a 15 tooth front as well to keep those R's down at cruising speed in 5th. 15/41 would be essentially the same as 14/38. 15 should fit inside most case savers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I purchased My front sprocket from Ripper Racing. I use the D.I.D 520 X-ring chain. I have had it on for 6 months or so and have not had to adjust my chain(no strecthing). But on a side note you cant beat Motosport.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.