Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 raptor 700 with dmc duels, dmc efi controller and a uni filter with open lid. I am looking for a little more speed/power when dirt drag racing. I am running 22 inch razr II's because I also go through a lot of mud. Would changing the sprocket combo help me, if so what should it be? Are there any other ways to get more speed/power without engine work?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Beans! But thats just me.

Uhm no engine work and you want more speed/power. I would say Noss! But thats a pretty penny. And would that dmc fuel controller manage it all?

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
I have an 07 raptor 700 with dmc duels, dmc efi controller and a uni filter with open lid. I am looking for a little more speed/power when dirt drag racing. I am running 22 inch razr II's because I also go through a lot of mud. Would changing the sprocket combo help me, if so what should it be? Are there any other ways to get more speed/power without engine work?

Thanks
I have the same setup (almost lol) If you are doing a short drag a 13T in the front. A close map/better map helps. You could get a 3+TB the add quit a bit. OR a dyna ign.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
What is a HC2? What will the +3 tb and dyna ign. Do?
HC2= Hot cam stage 2. (cam)

The 3+tb is about 150 to 200 Bucks (I am not sure but have heard it adds like 3 HP)(don't know were in the power band tho)
The dyna is a plug and play 169for the cheap one. Everyone here buys the 269 one and has it programed. It will give (so I have heard) about 3 HP.
I am not 100% sure on these numbers But they are close.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man! How hard is the cam install. And if I do cams and +3 tb, will the efi controller be no good?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
The TB doesn't do a whole lot till you open it up a little (cam) the ign I don't know a whole lot about. So if you wanna do good in a drag go down to a 13t front sprocket you'll loose a little top end speed though. But first off get a good exhaust, programmer, and intake and go from there.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Thanks man! How hard is the cam install. And if I do cams and +3 tb, will the efi controller be no good?
efi programmer should do the job. Just have to get a new map. And as far as the cam install goes look it up on youtube maxsteel has a whole video on it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
yes

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
yes

1 - 20 of 38 Posts