·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I'm getting at the dunes off the line with these combos:

14/38 10 paddle extremes- 2nd gear take off-
slight lug, medium wheelie 3rd gear
evens out wheelie.

15/38 10 paddle extremes - 2nd gear take off- more lug, higher wheelie, can't keep front end down low enough to not let off gas to control, strong pull in third

14/38 10 paddle ripper 22- 2nd gear take off- most lug, strong wheelie in 3rd, never really 'pulls' hard

13/38 10 paddle ripper- 2nd gear take off- on drag strip river sand, low wheelie in 2nd, hardest pull in third, can pull 4th before 300ft but no rev out

What I would like is to run the rippers and get a good rev in 4th to finish with good rollout and power third

Mods are barkers duals, intake, pc3, ehs lid

·
Registered
850 Posts
IMO all of them are too much paddle, if your on a stock swingarm.. I would try a 15/38 with a 22x11x8 8 hauler or a 7 extreme if your in wet sand. Rippers are for the higher HP bikes and they are HEAVY, they will do nothing but kill your build.

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
When I saw 22 Ripper, I thought what the hell... :lol: But now I see that he meant 10 paddle ripper on a 22" carcass... Anyhow, I've never ran a ripper paddle that helped my bike... I know they look more aggressive and cool, but they slow down MOST raptors.. It sounds like you are on top of trying new gearing and are attentive to what the bike is doing.. You will figure this out on your own pretty quickly I bet... Good luck and put those extremes back on for now...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm just getting some ideas on tire size/ paddles vs sprocket choice for this low hp, yea the rippers are too much I think also, but I thought low enough gearing could make it more rideable. Next mod will be plus 6 swinger too break a little tractionand 75-80 hp build, which is whole different ball field. I think its fun making what you have work in the mean time lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
With a +4 run a 9 paddle Extreme, With a 6 or 8 run 12's. I had good luck with those setup's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts