Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what sprocket size on the front would work the best for me. i ride a lot of sand and do dragging. i am adding a hot cams stage 3 within the next month.

2006 raptor 700
quadworks
full gytr exhaust
gytr air filter

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
What size tires are you running in the sand? I ran a 15 tooth front in the sand with 20" paddles on my "big 3" setup. I think it was a little much. My ideal combo would have been a 14 tooth with 21" tires. If you have 20" paddles, I would still stay with the stock gearing setup. The first time I went I had a 13 tooth and hated it. I was shifting every five seconds, lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am running 22*11*10 haulers (10 paddle). everyone says that is way too much tire for me but it goes pretty damn good. i cant see myself being much faster with a smaller tire and less paddles. i have not installed the cam yet. i was doing really well off the line but i am needing more at mid to high so i am trying the hot cam 3. my current sprocket set up is 13/38. i have a 15 so i am thinking of trying that with the new cam.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
go 14 t , the paddle is a bit much AND would be quicker with some 7 or 8 haulers...
the HC3 when using the stock compression will hurt the lower rpm power and limit the use of taller(15T) gearing for the taller gears (4th and 5th)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i dont want to get different tires so i should i just stay with the 13 tooth? if i do get different tires would you suggest me staying with 22*11*8 or go smaller? i would do the 7 or 8 tooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts