Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a 13 tooth fron sprocket, am i going to behappy with this, i mainly trail ride, and some times drage race my friends.

also my friend has a 700r as well and we are neck and neck right now, what will the out come be with my sprocket change?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Search is your friend. ;) Most guys with mods are going to a 15 tooth, 14 tooth on a stocker with stock tires is more than sufficent, unless you don't want to use 1st at all. :confused:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Tire spin. Most ppl are going up a tooth to 15t. You get less tirespin and stay in the powercurve longer. There is a thread about the 15t that is about 20 pages of ppl raving. Are you running stock tires? If you are running 22" in the rear you might be ok, but even then you should probably stick with the 14t. IMO

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i am completely stock, i think i am going to try and change the 13 tooth for a 15 tooth, because it wont get ehre till the middle of next week. im gonna call them right now

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok change this to a 15 tooth sprocket, after hearing everypone rave about 15 tooth sprocket, i had to call and cancle the order and change that bad boy to a 15 tooth, so it will be here the middle of next week. i cant wait.

Thankyou everyone for making me change my mind before it was to late and i was really pissed i got the 13 tooth. thankyou

·
Registered
767 Posts
Keep in mind most of the guys running a 15T are modded.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Diddly said:
Keep in mind most of the guys running a 15T are modded.
Yeah......I was going to say something along those lines. You probably wont feel the big diff with it like we all did that have the 3 mods done. I have heard though, from guys that run the 15T on a stocker that its still a good thing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
my cousins stock 700 put 5 bikes on me with a slip-on and dobeck/14t sprocket.

i added a 15t sprocket and put 2 bikes on him. the sprocket makes a big difference, modded or not.

ran the stock bike at the dunes also with no negative effects. no reason not to put one on a stock bike imo. had great results with them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i jsut started a new job so money is not flowing around liek crazy right now, so i will be stock for maybe another month and then 3 mod, and around christmas time hello 734kit

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pile0g00 said:
281pony, just 2b sure those results were when you was stock?

Sounds like he was being beat by 5 lengths by a stock 700. His 700 has a slip-on and dobeck/14t sprocket.

..........Once he switched to the 15T he was putting lengths on the stocker.

My question is, were you, or are you running stock tires or what? You shouldnt loose with a modded 700 vs a stocker. I know you arnt going to get very good traction with the mods and the 14....but I wouldnt think you would be slower!!!
Glad you like the 15t

·
Registered
623 Posts
all races were done the same way. once from a first gear stop, and once from a second gear roll.

pulled on me the hardest from the beginning of fourth on. the rest of the race, we were pretty much dead even. granted, my bike was not tuned right for my slip-on.

i fouled a plug from being so rich a few days later. the tuning settings were never changed for any race, pre-15t and when i had it. they just pull so much harder in every gear, and they become an even bigger gain with more mods. we also both had/have stock tire setups, traction was no issue though on pavement.

not saying its "a 5 bike length gain", but in my races, it made that much difference. no matter what anyone says, its the BEST 7-25 dollar mod out there for a raptor.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Well I just went to 22" rear tires, I suppose that's the expensive may of getting the 15T effect. :lol:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Diddly said:
Well I just went to 22" rear tires, I suppose that's the expensive may of getting the 15T effect. :lol:
To some extent, but you are really increasing the rotational mass with bigger tires. The ground clearance will be nice though. I keep going back and forth on 22in tires or 20 with a 15t. Part of me wants the ground clearance, but I like the feel of 20” tires better. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Diddly said:
To some extent, but you are really increasing the rotational mass with bigger tires. The ground clearance will be nice though. I keep going back and forth on 22in tires or 20 with a 15t. Part of me wants the ground clearance, but I like the feel of 20” tires better. :unsure:
The ONLY reason/+ side to go with 22's is ground clearance, and the benefits you get from having higher clearance. There are a LOT of negatives such as higher CG, More rotating mass(weight) and of course the effects of these negatives are slower accel, not as much snap, lesser handling, more prown to be tipsy.......so on and so on.

22's are good for some people that require the ground clearance, but I would never move to 22's to get a gearing change soley. 22's are however like running 15/37 gearing.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I was joking about getting the gearing effect out of my tires, I needed the clearance and now don't need a 15T.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Diddly said:
I was joking about getting the gearing effect out of my tires, I needed the clearance and now don't need a 15T.
......I knew you where joking, I was just adding onto the response you got. There are always a lot of questions on the matter, and I was just wanting to add on to what was there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
woah ur ressurrecting the dead arent u haha. well it depends on your mods but you will very likely be geared high. Sticking with just one of the two would be the best choice

1 - 20 of 38 Posts