Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Pull the chain guard off. Bend the safety tab up off the nut. Put transmission in first gear.Get a 36mm socket and ratchet and turn counter clockwise. Install new sprocket in reverse order. Very simple.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yea yuo have to loosen the chain, i did anyway.

read the manual, tells you how to do it there.

may help to use an impact gun to loosen the sprocket nut.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You do have to loosen the chain and then re-adjust it accordingly for the new sprocket. Unless your chain is Waaaay out of spec/adjustment you will need the extra slack....then you will also have to adjust for proper slack once installed.
It shows how to do this simple task in the owners manuel

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
steo800 said:
yea yuo have to loosen the chain, i did anyway.

read the manual, tells you how to do it there.

may help to use an impact gun to loosen the sprocket nut.

beat me to it! :lol: :thumbsup:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea it would be nice if I had my owners manual. What are the torque specs on the front nut?

·
Registered
200 Posts
61 ft. lbs.
......and if you don't have an impact wrench you can (as I did);
1. Put tranny in first gear.
2. Set the emergency brake.
3. Use something to wedge in the rear brake rotor to brace up against the caliper mounting bracket (I used a pad lock, worked great both off and on).

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
Yea it would be nice if I had my owners manual. What are the torque specs on the front nut?
Service manual is better anyway. It is on the forum under maintenance and the first link... Download that.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. I think have it now. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
right on. chaging it with an impact wrench is really easy compared to changing one without it. just my thoughts

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can someone show how they loosened thee chain. PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
You're kidding right?......... :lol:

Once you loosen the 4 bolts on the back of the swingarm, take the allen wrench and wedge it through the sprocket to one of the holes in the side of the carrier. Put it in nuetral and roll the quad (foward to loosen and back ward to tighten).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pretty simple design.....thats why the went to it....that why honda has been using it for years. The chain adjustments of past quads (my yfz, 660, banshee, warrior,and g/f raptor 350) all sucked and you could mess them up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts