Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size sprocket is everyone running? and what tire size? i am looking for a good trail sprocket as my stock one are about shot. thanks

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
12t/44t sprockets 22x12x10 rear tires Great for the woods, sand pits and tight trails. Lots of low end but plenty of speed for me

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i went out for a 3 hour ride with my wife and my buddy on his yz 250. as i was riding i noticed first gear reved out to quick and second gear was a bit to high. so what i am looking for is some info. i am having trouble deciding do i go up or down on sprocket size. i think i want more bottom end power as i don't need to run 70MPH. tires are 20x10x9.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
ok i went out for a 3 hour ride with my wife and my buddy on his yz 250. as i was riding i noticed first gear reved out to quick and second gear was a bit to high. so what i am looking for is some info. i am having trouble deciding do i go up or down on sprocket size. i think i want more bottom end power as i don't need to run 70MPH. tires are 20x10x9.
Do you still have the stock trany in your 01?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 1st gear is short. and it seems like how we like to ride is in between my 1st and 2nd gear so i think if i put a bottom end sprocket on i will have more hole shot and then just ride in second. it will run 72MPH top end now i don't need that on trails i just want to keep up with the yz on the trails

1 - 7 of 7 Posts