Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 660 has quite a creak to it. It's most noticable when you sit on it, or press down on the grab bar, so I'm thinking it could be in the rear, but it also makes the same noise but not quite as loud if you press down on the front bumper. It seems to kind of be coming from the middle of the quad, like maybe the upper shock link or something. It squeaks pretty badly if you even look at it wrong... I'm hoping you guys can give me help pinpointing it and getting it taken care of.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
my rear shock squeeks I spray some lube on it and it goes away for a while. maybe its the shock bearings or dried up seals. I loostened the top shock mount a little bit and haven't heard anything since

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only fittings I see is the small one on the lower link, and maybe there is one on the front part of the link too because it's covered in grease...The dude who had my quad had grease packed in them both because its spewing out. I sprayed some WD on that strut or whatever in the middle of the rear shock and I don't think it did anything. I was thinking about taking that upper bolt on the shock of and putting some grease around it inside because the seems like where its coming from.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if it's at the center it could be the swingarm bearing . just listen if its about 2 inches higher than the footpeg. there is the lower front shock there is a bushing they get dry and may squeek take apart and put chassie greass although this dont seem to be your problem

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
some of the grease zerks are on the bolts that hold the parts together....check the bolt heads on the shock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts