Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,030 Posts
My build in my sig gets me at 68HP running pump fuel. You should be able to reach over 70 with what you are thinking I would say. Going from the Big 3 bike into a solid build that has good porting will net you quite a different feel that you will enjoy.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
Do you believe that with the build plans above I’ll be over 70HP running pump fuel? And remember it’s staying stock stroke and bore!
What's your elevation?

·
11,765 Posts
Do you believe that with the build plans above I’ll be over 70HP running pump fuel? And remember it’s staying stock stroke and bore!
Yes, for pump gas 92 octane I would go with;
Cuervo +2 Head, and surface trued
HDD5050 Cam, maybe HDD5150
+3 TB, is good for up to about 80HP. A 54mm will loose to much velocity unless you get a big bore
11:1 CP, or slightly decked 11.5:1
ARP studs
Trued and welded crank, even a factory crank
Crank bearing support plate
FACTORY head gasket

This should get 70+ HP and 50+ torque.

Option, a stroker crank, (not hot rod) will add torque

As said, give Cuervo a call and discuss your build and expectations.

Reactions: $Mitch

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, for pump gas 92 octane I would go with;
Cuervo +2 Head, and surface trued
HDD5050 Cam, maybe HDD5150
+3 TB, is good for up to about 80HP. A 54mm will loose to much velocity unless you get a big bore
11:1 CP, or slightly decked 11.5:1
ARP studs
Trued and welded crank, even a factory crank
Crank bearing support plate
FACTORY head gasket

This should get 70+ HP and 50+ torque.

Option, a stroker crank, (not hot rod) will add torque

As said, give Cuervo a call and discuss your build and expectations.
Awesome love it

·
11,765 Posts
What happened to Cuervo?

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Found a better deal without the 6-8 weeks lead time... Don’t feel like a sacrificed any quality for going with RE
If that head is the one I’m sure it is, it made high 80s on an 804cc in Kuwait. Should work well for a sb/ss build, unsure about the cam.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If that head is the one I’m sure it is, it made high 80s on an 804cc in Kuwait. Should work well for a sb/ss build, unsure about the cam.
Yes you are correct! And I read a thread on another site that said FSA broke the sbss drag record a couple years ago with that camshaft.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Yes you are correct! And I read a thread on another site that said FSA broke the sbss drag record a couple years ago with that camshaft.
Not sure where a sb/ss récord would be recorded. The classes are 0-770cc and 770+ for “big block” 4-strokes. Fsa and racers edge have had some very fast 770s over the years.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Not sure where a sb/ss récord would be recorded. The classes are 0-770cc and 770+ for “big block” 4-strokes. Fsa and racers edge have had some very fast 770s over the years.
Would repost it but I’m not sure it’s allowed hear, and I’m not gonna claim what I saw to be accurate, I’ve never run that cam

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Empire Dual, Dynatek Fusion, 54mm throttle body, 14:1 piston stock bore and stock stroke, +2 RE Head, on vp110

·
Registered
406 Posts
MSD Infusion, Monster Singles +3TB, 11:1 Piston stock bored and stock stroke, +1 newer model head with VP 105, like i said. I get 75 with no issues, you should be good. I'd assume 80+. My head was build by Williams Performance, since Cuervo had a 4 month backorder delay.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts