Raptor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
MSD Infusion, Monster Singles +3TB, 11:1 Piston stock bored and stock stroke, +1 newer model head with VP 105, like i said. I get 75 with no issues, you should be good. I'd assume 80+. My head was build by Williams Performance, since Cuervo had a 4 month backorder delay.
I thought about going with Williams Performance after following them for a while on IG, but their google reviews deferred my decision. I’m big on customer reviews, and I didn’t want to gamble.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I thought about going with Williams Performance after following them for a while on IG, but their google reviews deferred my decision. I’m big on customer reviews, and I didn’t want to gamble.
To be sincere my favorite is Cuervo... The dude is just so helpful and knowledgeable... I saw the reviews for William and after speaking to him he allay my concerns and fears... He did an excellent job. Worked super quick, I must I'm super happy and would recommend him. Also the equipment he has is Top of the line...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
To be sincere my favorite is Cuervo... The dude is just so helpful and knowledgeable... I saw the reviews for William and after speaking to him he allay my concerns and fears... He did an excellent job. Worked super quick, I must I'm super happy and would recommend him. Also the equipment he has is Top of the line...

Looks like it worked out awesome for you, 75 is a good number on pump gas, if I were you I’d leave him a good google review, it would help him out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why not go with a higher compression piston than 11:1??
I'm buying a 12:1 piston. It was a big ass project. Since I purchased a newer model head and everything that went with it... Cuervo recommended 12.5:1. So I'll do that. Should be able to squeeze a little more. I also need a bigger TB and I can hit 80 with no issues

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Empire Dual, Dynatek Fusion, 54mm throttle body, 14:1 piston stock bore and stock stroke, +2 RE Head, on vp110
I would think it will be close to 80. Empire duals don’t make quite the same high rpm power as monsters would, 110 will hold you back some, and the cam is a bit of an unknown for me. 75+ minimum for sure though.

You could always have a 2nd tune for mr12 if you want to be over 80.

For reference a friend of mine has a sb/ss single port with 54mm throttle body, monster exhaust, +2 stainless head (not sure if 5050 or 5150 cam) on e85. Makes 79.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would think it will be close to 80. Empire duals don’t make quite the same high rpm power as monsters would, 110 will hold you back some, and the cam is a bit of an unknown for me. 75+ minimum for sure though.

For reference a friend of mine has a sb/ss single port with 54mm throttle body, monster exhaust, +2 stainless head (not sure if 5050 or 5150 cam) on e85. Makes 79.
I see... Didn't think the empire duals would hold him back that much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Difference between c85 and e85?
Shelf life?
Leave in fuel tank safe or have to drain tank after riding?

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
I'm buying a 12:1 piston. It was a big ass project. Since I purchased a newer model head and everything that went with it... Cuervo recommended 12.5:1. So I'll do that. Should be able to squeeze a little more. I also need a bigger TB and I can hit 80 with no issues

I see... Didn't think the empire duals would hold him back that much.

its not a huge difference. Just a little in the over rev and possibly peak. But it might not matter depending on where that cam makes it’s power. Should be a strong build either way.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Difference between c85 and e85?
Shelf life?
Leave in fuel tank safe or have to drain tank after riding?
E85 is 85% ethanol 15% pump gas.
C85 is 85% ethanol 15% c16 race gas. Might be c12 race gas, not sure. Supposedly better ethanol as well.
C85 just makes a little more power than pump e85, and is going to be the same every time. But it costs alit more, $70/pail last time I bought it.

It will go bad if left exposed to atmosphere, so it’s best to drain the tank if you’re letting it sit for extended periods. The c85 leaves a sticky brown residue in your throttle body and intake port where e85 doesn’t. It is cleaned off when fresh fuel hits it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you believe that with the build plans above I’ll be over 70HP running pump fuel? And remember it’s staying stock stroke and bore!
I got a 14.1 diamond piston, 50/50 cam cuervo head. Stock bore and stroke. Mine runs off 112 and 77hp

41 - 60 of 62 Posts