Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im currently looking into running a stage 2 camshaft to go on my 05 raptor 660 can any 1 tell me where i can get the info to show me a step by step on how to fix it into my raptor thanx

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If its stage 2 hotcams you need the valve spring kit with it.
A higher compression piston is usually recommended to help bump up the low rpm horsepower your going to lose. You can run a 11:1 piston on pump gas.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Unless you have mechanical experience, I would recommend having a professional install it. You can buy a factory service manual which shows all the parts and pieces and how they go together. Then you can decide from there if ou want to give it a whirl.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what would you recommend on running then stage 1 or 2? ive got a looney tuned exhaust with a modded air box with no lid is the stage 1 ok to install or woud i have to go for the stage 2

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That depends on what your ultimate goals are. If you plan on going with a high compression piston, I would suggest the stage 2. But if you're not looking to spend a whole lot of money (because the stage 2 requires new springs) then go with the stage one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts