Raptor Forum banner

Do yall think the Hot Cams are worth it?

• Keep The Stock Cam

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 11:1 Je piston and thinking about getting the stage 2 Hot Cams and the more I look at them the harder it is to decide if I want them. Taking it in next week to get the piston installed and put it on the dyno and need to know if I should get the cam.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
I have my 11:1 Je piston and thinking about getting the stage 2 Hot Cams and the more I look at them the harder it is to decide if I want them. Taking it in next week to get the piston installed and put it on the dyno and need to know if I should get the cam.

NO!!!!!

GO WEB OR MEGA CYCLE!!!!

CApt

·
Registered
511 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
Its either go with Hotcams or keep the stock cams.
i say u keep the stock cams also :thumbsup: :thumbsup: see ya on the hill ( or should i say wait for u at the top of the hill if u stay with your stock or hot cam) :lol: :lol:

Capt

·
Registered
242 Posts
i like the hot cam stage 2, did a raptor with an hmf, cp piston stock bore piston, dynatek the other day and it runs really good.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Waner said:
Why is everyone against hot cams?

I would guess because when compared to the others, they don't make the numbers on the dyno or perform as well in the real world. The Hot cams profiles are ultra conservative when compared to the Mega Cycle or Web. That's why the Mega's & Webs are the camshaft of choice of all the major builders.

·
Registered
907 Posts
We like the hot cam stage 2, just built a map for it. It puts out 58.7hp with Trinity intake, PCIII, LTE pipes. Stock springs. Compared to Webcam stage 1 at 56.2 and Webcam stage 2 with spring kit at 57.5.

And they are quiet:)

We have them in stock.

Jason
www.rocketfactory.biz

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
weelll shit there you go guys the anwser to everybody questions and concrens lol. I know yall are like WTF who is this guy lol. I have been reading this topic since it started sorry... WOODY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to go ahead and get them. They claim "Excellent top-end and great over rev." and I ride mostly topped out.

i say u keep the stock cams also :thumbsup: :thumbsup: see ya on the hill ( or should i say wait for u at the top of the hill if u stay with your stock or hot cam) :lol: :lol:

Capt
Won't see me over there anyways I live in Ga. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
That is sure a difference of opinions, So here is mine....I looked into only Web cams when I decided to upgrade ...stage 1 2 or 3. Stage 1 was to improve bottom end and barely better than stock, 2 was better in mids and hi's but no better in low's and stage 3 was designed to opend up the whole RPM range and extend the HI range quite a bit from stock. To me it was a no brainer, i went with the stage 3 and it did what they said it would do. I have improved the performance and the thing revs Hi with oodles of low end grunt AND pulls & revs much higher than it did stock. I also need to give credit to a very nice port job and upgraded piston (12:1) 734. Good luck in your choice, and lastly don't re-invent the wheel !

·
Registered
413 Posts
you mentioned 58 hp, is that an unported head?, and what are your numbers for the same setup without the cam?

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
digitalhearing said:
That is sure a difference of opinions, So here is mine....I looked into only Web cams when I decided to upgrade ...stage 1 2 or 3. Stage 1 was to improve bottom end and barely better than stock, 2 was better in mids and hi's but no better in low's and stage 3 was designed to opend up the whole RPM range and extend the HI range quite a bit from stock. To me it was a no brainer, i went with the stage 3 and it did what they said it would do. I have improved the performance and the thing revs Hi with oodles of low end grunt AND pulls & revs much higher than it did stock. I also need to give credit to a very nice port job and upgraded piston (12:1) 734. Good luck in your choice, and lastly don't re-invent the wheel !
I have just about the same setup as you, CP 12 to 1 piston, web stage 3 and P and P head. It realy opens up the mid and top end but idle is not so great but it will stay running. Throttle is a bit jumpy at idle in first and second but just fine slightly above idle. So if you do lots of woods with stumps I would say no to stage III but if you run good trails, woops or sand you must go with the stage III it is shit. I now pull banshi hill in winchester Oregon in 3rd and need to slow down just to miss the tree. also pulling wheels in 3rd with just gas is great as well. Hope this helps, other mods are lid off, PCIII, GYTR filter with addaptor, and full EX.

·
Registered
123 Posts
id say go for webb stage 3 but since you asked about the hotcam id say go for it. it makes good power and apparently is already dyno proven by rocket factory. and no spring kit. i say go for it. itll definately be worth it over stock

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rocket Factory said:
We like the hot cam stage 2, just built a map for it. It puts out 58.7hp with Trinity intake, PCIII, LTE pipes. Stock springs. Compared to Webcam stage 1 at 56.2 and Webcam stage 2 with spring kit at 57.5.

And they are quiet:)

We have them in stock.

Jason
www.rocketfactory.biz
Thanx for sharing - end of bs talk about hotcams? :grin_nod:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Rocket factory you should test them against Stage 3 web cam with springs...just drop the stage 2 cam in with the upgraded springs and retainers. With a ported head and all if you do this I'd glady switch to Hotcams Stage 2 over the stage 3 it would be my 3rd cam change...lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts