Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stage II web cam with a 11:1 je piston and it shure does make alot of cam or valve noise at idle. does anyone know if this is normal.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just make sure your valve are adjusted right besides that they are a little nosie from what I've heard. Mine is.

·
Registered
468 Posts
With a stage two you had to do get the stiffer springs right? It is normal for them to make more noise. Not being able to hear yours I don't know how much louder yours are. Proper adjustment, as stated before, is crucial too.

Craig,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do have the heavy duty springs so its probly okay. i have about 10 hours on it since the install should i adjust the valves again.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I belive you sould adjust 1 hour after riding with the new cam.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Stage II+ cams will increase the noise due to the ramp rate of the lobe profile, not to mention the increase in accelerated movement (throttle response).

If they are adjusted right I am sure you will still have very noticeable valve noise.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hallz said:
Stage II+ cams will increase the noise due to the ramp rate of the lobe profile, not to mention the increase in accelerated movement (throttle response).

If they are adjusted right I am sure you will still have very noticeable valve noise.

Just my $.02
is stage I more quiet :3question:

·
Suffering from Chronic Tinkeritis
779 Posts
iroc said:
Hallz said:

Just my $.02
is stage I more quiet :3question:
Not mine, they tick more than stock

·
Registered
262 Posts
so your saying stage 3 makes less noise? and have you dyno'd how much more power stage 3 gives then stage 2? thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
......I thought there was a gain of a couple hp on the topend with the stage III...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts