Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 has barker duels, PcIII, K&N, and Trinity intake. My problem is that is is a bit slow starting(4-5 cranks) and when it does start is usually stalls 2-3 times. I can prevent it from stalling by reving a bit. I just changed to an iridium plug and it made no differance. My plug was fairly dark definitly not golden brown, and I do notice some black smoke out the tail pipe. Would this be a fuel adjustment problem or some thing else. The PcIII was on the bike when I bought it and it came with no manual. I have no idea how it works other then you load the map on to it. Is it manually programmable. What are the low/mid/high buttons for. If the answers are in a previous post please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
528 Posts
you are right on it I think. I had some issues like yours myself. start it, runs for a couple seconds and dies. if I revved it up for a few seconds after starting it ran fine and would run fine when warmed. My map was too rich in the lower rpms.

·
Registered
311 Posts
have same problem,richen or leaning makes no difference,since the PC3 have no control on fuel vs engine temp or post start fuel i think we have to live with this.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Get it dyno'd it will take care of it, mine did the same thing with my pc5 it was rich on the bottom. The plug and play maps aren't perfect as each bike runs different the dyno cleaned mine up idles perfect now

·
Registered
68 Posts
The powercommander does not add or remove fuel for the first 20 revs of the crank. in initial start up. If after running the bike has an issue at idle you can make an adjustment in the 0% throttle. in the map at around 1250-1500 RPM. by adding or removing fuel to the map. This is where you and address the idle area. Adding a small value like a 5-7% should help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The powercommander does not add or remove fuel for the first 20 revs of the crank. in initial start up. If after running the bike has an issue at idle you can make an adjustment in the 0% throttle. in the map at around 1250-1500 RPM. by adding or removing fuel to the map. This is where you and address the idle area. Adding a small value like a 5-7% should help.
How do I do this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.