Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so the last few rides I've taken my 03 raptor out to the dunes it will bog down until I hit a lower rpm or down shift and be fine. It seems to happen randomly sometimes cruising at 3/4 throttle in 2nd or 3rd gear, and from release of WOT. It won't die almost acts like its a reverse rev limiter or something but I know its not that. Like I said it doesn't happen every time it seems to be random. I'm thinking the carbs might need cleaning. It has modded airbox lid uni filter pro flow intake ct full. Jetting was done before I bought it and I'm thinking I might need to rejet it since I just recently put on the full exhaust. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha thats another problem I have, I've never had the carbs open and they were jetted before I bought it so I really don't know whats in it right know. It was jetted for a slip on and now I have the full system. But I know thats not the problem causing the stalling/bogging because it was doing it before the full exhaust.

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts
If you changed the exhaust, you likely need to rejet.

·
I am unique
22,620 Posts
Ha ha thats another problem I have, I've never had the carbs open and they were jetted before I bought it so I really don't know whats in it right know. It was jetted for a slip on and now I have the full system. But I know thats not the problem causing the stalling/bogging because it was doing it before the full exhaust.
Either jetting or dirty carbs...........

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright I was thinking they might be dirty because it started acting up after a couple months of sitting. But wanted to check with the gurus of raptorforum before tearing them down. :D What do you guys suggest on using to clean them?

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts
Yes, clean them, and rejet while your in there. Spray carb cleaner and an air compressor (or canned air), with some fine copper strands from speaker wire for tiny passages and jets is my suggestion.

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do! What would you recommend for me along the line of jet sizes. Elevation is 1350 I'll run a uni filter w/ pro flow intake lid off and full CT exhaust.
Thanks! Willy and Quad your the best!!!!

·
Master of the Electron
14,550 Posts
25 pilots - 165 and 170 main, or there abouts... 2 to 2.5 turns on the screws.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts