Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's standard widths for dune riding? Just the normal +2 setup?

Also, what's the standard swing arm length for a modded raptor in the dunes? For all around duning not just drags.

And what's the difference between normal shocks and "dune edition"?

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
+2 a-arms are good from what I have seen...a bit more stability and lower the frnt slightly...

I personal run a +6 swinger...I love it

My buddy runs a +4...his does come up a bit easier...

I do prefer my 6 over his 4...I think he would agree...

For dune riding the min std imo is a +4...I think that the stock version should have +2 or +4 to begin w/....

I mean how many do you see mxing compared to @ the dunes...it is more of a dune bike ...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i love to dune on my rappy, but i am still running all stock suspension. That shit is expensive. It dunes great, but like they said, if you can afford it, i would ride a +4 swinger, +2 a-arms, and a +2 axle.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
+4 is the standard length for rec semi-stockers in the dunes. +6 for duners who still like to rec-ride, +8 and above for purpose bikes.

If you're building it for a straight line, as many dune only bikes are, standard width is preferred. If you're carving, go as wide as possible. Average joe who's made the upgrades runs a +4/+2 adjustable axle and +2 a-arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.