Raptor Forum banner

standard or special edition?

2K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  ATC-Crazy 
#1 ·
is the special edition 700 worth the extra bucks

#2 ·
Yes

Well depending on what your dealer is charging for the difference yes.

The upgraded shocks are a big improvement over the standard. Now if the dealer has a huge gap and you think the standard shocks are all you will ever want then maybe not. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
I think it is. My SE handles jumps and the overall ride is more comfortable them my buddies standard 700.

#8 ·
I have a standard edition and i want some different shocks so bad i cant handle it. Big difference in that. It feels horrible to bottom out after getting some air and im sure it isnt good for the quad anyways. So shocks and graphics of course is my only concern.. wheels and all i dont really care about.

#9 ·
Go with the GYTR or SE, you won't be disappointed.

#14 ·
Flynbyu said:
I would go with the base Raptor.

You can buy YFZ 450 shocks for about $2-250 on Ebay. Leaves you a minimum fo $750 for other mods!

:thumbsup:

~Brian

Aren't the SE shocks better (high/low speed setting)? I have seen them on ebay going for about 450$ for just the front. Or am I wrong? I think with the better shocks, carbon graphics its worth the price. The GYTR is a great deal beacuse you get the shocks, front grab bar, and the heal gards.

#22 ·
I'm with the others who suggest buying the standard and just upgrading the shocks - if the price difference is a whole lot.

That said it is nice to own the quad that is the shit - for a year until the next model comes out. Details about the '08 will likely start coming out after summer. If you're not in a hurry you might wait until then. You'll likely be able to buy left over '07 SEs at clearance prices. That's what I did with my second '06 SE. I bought it several months ago for almost $2000 less than what my first '06SE cost me six months before then. I can buy a lot of shocks at that price.

#26 ·
kds6_10_05jmd said:
Flynbyu said:
ATC-Crazy said:
When I bought my SE, it was only $500 more than the base model. Totally worth it!
Now that's a good deal.

~Brian
yah thats a great deal but how much was it otd?
$6100.

Sticker price was $7500 or so. They wouldnt take any off because they just came out (Sept. '06), and the dealership just put it together that morning, and had it sitting on the showroom floor for only 20 minutes before I bought it. Add tax ($371 I think), shipping and shop setup fee ($250), and a $700 extended warranty for a total of somewhere around $9K. I told them I had a 2002 Foreman 450s as a trade in. He asked what I was looking to get for it, so I told him it was for sale for $3k. He talked to the sales manager and they said they'd give me $3k on the trade in WITHOUT even seeing my Foreman. I said OK! (Book value was $2200, so they ate the remaining $800, as my Foreman was not in the best shape cosmetically) I've never seen it out there since...so they did something with it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.