Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Yes

Well depending on what your dealer is charging for the difference yes.

The upgraded shocks are a big improvement over the standard. Now if the dealer has a huge gap and you think the standard shocks are all you will ever want then maybe not. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think it is. My SE handles jumps and the overall ride is more comfortable them my buddies standard 700.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I have a standard edition and i want some different shocks so bad i cant handle it. Big difference in that. It feels horrible to bottom out after getting some air and im sure it isnt good for the quad anyways. So shocks and graphics of course is my only concern.. wheels and all i dont really care about.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Go with the GYTR or SE, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Flynbyu said:
I would go with the base Raptor.

You can buy YFZ 450 shocks for about $2-250 on Ebay. Leaves you a minimum fo $750 for other mods!

:thumbsup:

~Brian

Aren't the SE shocks better (high/low speed setting)? I have seen them on ebay going for about 450$ for just the front. Or am I wrong? I think with the better shocks, carbon graphics its worth the price. The GYTR is a great deal beacuse you get the shocks, front grab bar, and the heal gards.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
I'm not into graphics. For $700-1000 more I just don't see the value. I'm just not crazy about GYTR stuff on the GYTR edition.

In my opinion, for $700-1000 you could really trick your ride out!

~Brian

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i think i paid 6700 for mine and my buddy paid bout 78 or so. Mine is an 06 his is 07. I want some damn shocks though. Graphics i can do without. Pressure washer takes em off anyway after a while.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts