Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting my skids soon and I was wondering how easy it is to stand my Raptor up on its grab bar. I'm asking this blind as I've never even tried to lift any part of the quad before. I figured I'd ask before attempting. I know to put something in the gas vent hose, do I put the quad in gear? Can it get a little hairy and there's a chance I could lose it as it reaches standing up? Is it really a two man job?

·
Registered
960 Posts
just put it in gear and lift the front up while pushing back if your small like me you might have to rest it on your knee to get the addtional leverage then you will reach the balance point just keep going and it will kiss the grab bar just make sure you shut your gas off when you do this every thing else should be just fine its is quite easy truely have fun

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
YFZbrad said:
No gas shut off, we are fuel injected 8)
Ya buddy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ironraptor.
BTW, is it a first date kind of "kiss" or a drunken pickup in a bar kinda kiss? :eek:
That's the part that kinda worries me. Does it stay up that way pretty well, not tippy or anything?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
My bike was in neutral and I just set the park brake.  It was not hard to stand up, especially without the skids off because I could grab onto the A-arms.  It is a little harder now because I have the stock bumper and can’t really find a good place to lift on that.  I did not feel like it was tippy.  I would not let my kids near it, but I felt comfortable standing around it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
They are actually meant to be stood up like that! Doesn't hurt them one bit. In fact Yamaha ships them that way alot of the time.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Yeah, I have seen our Yamaha haul them Straight up and down before like that. so should be good!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I know people stand it on it's end all the time but the owners manual says you shouldnt. :3question:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Put a towel under the grab bar, pick up the front with the quad in gear, or the E-brake on. It willbe just fine. I wouldnt store it like that, but I always put my quads up on end to inspect the bottom side....or to put skids on....or to get a bolt that I dropped to come out.
Never had a problem.

.........the owners manuel says you shouldnt do a lot of things....

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wouldn't see a problem in that as long as you let it sit normally for a bit before starting it so the oil can settle back to where its supposed to be.

·
Registered
306 Posts
In my GYTR skids instructions it tells you to kick it on its ass. Put it in second gear and then the parking brake. Don't ask why they say 2nd gear! But that is from yamaha also! LOL

·
Registered
648 Posts
she stands right up..and rolls over sometimes too :lol:

·
Registered
960 Posts
YFZbrad said:
No gas shut off, we are fuel injected 8)
oh ya opps didnt look to see where i was posting

·
Registered
143 Posts
i think this response goes here. ill be driving from oklahoma to california and back to see my brother for a few days and was wondering about this myself. will it be ok to stand it up for a day of driving out there? it wont be all the way up but close. ill be carrying a in bed fuel tank and some other stuff. if i leave the tail gate down that will give me some extra room but i dont like that. should i drain all the fluids out first? we will be going to gorman to ride a day or two. thanks. p.s. if you see a raptor sitting on I40 it will probably be mine. lol.......

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah good points, it will probably be pretty challenging putting on skids if the bike isnt up on its rear grab bar. if there is fuel inside, make sure youeither do it fast, take the fuel out, or do it kind of fast with fuel in then set it back down then lift it back up again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts