Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, question on this. Back in the days when we were riding two strokes, we would stand them on their rear wheels / grab bars for transporting to the desert. No problems. What about with these four strokes? Just drain the gas first? We have two loaded vehicles with six ATVs to carry, and placing one upright would be the only way for us without taking another truck on this trip. Not that it should matter but they are two Raptor 700s, a 660, a 440'd EX, a YFZ, and a new Zuk 450. Thanks ahead for your opinions....

DJ

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOPS. Just read the other link involving standing the bike up to work on it....
So to answer my own question, should be okay. Just let it sit a bit before starting and riding to let fluids return.... anything else?

DJ

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have never transported it like that, but am always putting my quads up on the rear grab bar. It should be fine.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
i've transported my raptor on it's ass, but not very far. We went about 15-20 miles and had no problems. My buddy transports his YFZ on it's end all the time and hasn't had any trouble yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks for the replies. It's about a four hour trip. Not seeing any probs now, but I will post if any arise.

DJ

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
you'll be just fine, evertime i go out i stand mine up,and i always have to drive about 2 hours to ride, i put a allen wrench in the hose on the gas cap, and just turn it to release the pressure 1st, or you might shoot a little gas out at ya,.but i just put it on the ground, wait like 1 min and then start it with no problems, then i get ready while it's warming up. you should see it, my buddy has a little 8 ft trailer, and we put both standing up back to back,with about 3 inches to spare it looks pretty crazy,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts