Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first proper quading day was yesterday since i put my 3 mods on(lte duals, pro design k&n, pc3)
also have an ngk iridium plug in

anyway, since i done the mods at home, ive started it up and drove around the house/field a bit.

started it up saturday to let it warm up and check the oil.

then sunday morning, arrived to where we were quading, went to start bike and it turned over with a big back fire, then started but would not idle.

then got it started again, and would only run with throttle slightly pressed.

then i let off the throttle and it cut out and wouldnt start again, tied it to the back of another quad and tryed to jump start in second hopign it would start but still nothing.

now the reason why i say pc3 in title -
i lifted the seat up, looked at pc3 module, turned ignition on and watched the bar go up and down before it settles and turns off again once fuel pump stops.
the bar was settling at the second bar, with the first bar slightly lit up, indicating it was between the 2 bars but closer to second. so really the pc3 was saying "throttle position is slightly open"

took plug out and it was fouled in petrol(way to rich) and wasnt sparking because of this, so i wiped of excess, and checked spark and it was back. refitted plug and tried to start engine for a few seconds and checked plug again and it was fouled again.

anyway, started taking panels off to unplug pc3 from injector and try start it up that way and get it warmed up then try pc3 again. by the time i had done this and went to stat it, the battery hadnt sufficeint power from me tryin to start it.

so plugged pc3 back in to have a look at today, and put quad back together, then the others arrived back with the quads and i had givin up at this stage, but one said well give it more more tow start.

somehow, i dont know, but the quad fired up, but still wouldnt idle, so i got him to tow me again, and then i kepy throttle in a bit while quad was untied, then i drove the shit outta it for about a minute, hoping the plug would clear, and for the rest of the day it was fine.

went out today to it, and the pc3 showed throttle position was more at the lowest bar, but second was slightly flickering, so tried starting it and it started as normal, and once idling, the bar was at the lowest, with no flickering from second bar.

while i was puttin panels back together, i took plug out and got a wire brush to it to clear it.

it was a cold morning, so what im wondering, its clearly not my throttle position sensor thats at fault, so could it be that pc3 is not calibrated correctly for colder conditions or the ecu was engaging a choke feature to extremely?

cheers!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I am not an expert by any means, but try hooking it up to a laptop while the bike is running and see if everything is matching up to what you are saying on the computer screen. See if when throttle is off if the bike is showing any kind of fuel change. Other than that I would say make sure the connection to the TPS is right.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
With the PCIII hooked up to your Lap top or Home PC fire it up open the software, go to tools and click on set throttle position. You can read up on this on the online manual at the Power commander site. Also replace your plug with a new one once you have set the throttle position.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i was fiddling with the splice on the tps but wasnt doing much, once its in permanent contact it should receive a stable voltage.i ruled this out aswell as once quad is started, the pc3 module shows bars at lowest throttle position on idle

once i get a laptop, i will look into setting the throttle position. is this a kind of way to calibrate the pc3? e.g. once quad is running at idle, i just set the pc3 to recognise this setting as 0%throttle?

cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.