Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out riding yesterday everything was fine. Kind of made a little bit of a funny sound one time i started it back up but then was fine after it fired up. Loaded it up on the trailer got home, went to start it back up to take it off the trailer and was making a bad noise when i tried to start it up, almost like a squeeking sound so i left off the start button and it cranked over a few more times even after i let off of it. Tapped it a few more times to try and hear where it was coming from and couldnt really tell but it did the same thing, even after letting off the start button its like it turned a few times on its own. Could it be the starter is going out or something else?

·
Registered
521 Posts
one way bearing?

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
IF it's grinding or slipping, starter one-way... your description doesn't bring anything I've heard before to mind.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went out there yesterday since it was a little warmer figured i wouldnt have to crank on it much to get it started and it fired up, made the noise for a sec. as i was starting it, let it run for a minute, turned it off fired it back up no noise at all. Repeated 5 or 6 times and it was fine. Possibly missing a few teeth on one of the gears maybe?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Went out there yesterday since it was a little warmer figured i wouldnt have to crank on it much to get it started and it fired up, made the noise for a sec. as i was starting it, let it run for a minute, turned it off fired it back up no noise at all. Repeated 5 or 6 times and it was fine. Possibly missing a few teeth on one of the gears maybe?
Nope, the starter one way is your problem, it will make a screach and grind noise and eventually it will just slip, this is a one way bearing that grabs on to the 52 tooth gears hub, it is located behind the flywheel............

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes that is the piece, But NO don't buy that one!! That is a stock one way bearing, and they aren't the best design. Give L&A Designs a call: 503-484-8711 and they will hook you up with everything you will need. Flywheel puller, bearing, bolts, gaskets, and 52 tooth gear. Let them know you are from the forum and they will help you out. pm me if you want to know a price I paid 2 weeks ago. (I just don't want to step on their toes and post a price)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Is xtreme one way starter clutch a good one too? mine is starting to go.

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
THey are about the same from a hardware standpoint, but we prefer the L&A due to the good service they have provided to several forum members... you decide based upon price, warranty, delivery, and our recommendation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea that was about the only one by itself i could find on ebay, all the other ones were package deals. Ill check with L&A, Thanks fellas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts