Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an 03' 660 last night, On the test ride Monday the starter messed up, it was just freewheeling and would not engage. Bought it anyway incredible deal. So, I got it all torn down a bit ago and All 6 of the bolts have been sheared off the flywheel. Luckily I found all the bolt heads. What should I do about it I was ready to buy a new one-way but the 52tooth gear, the one-way and everything else looks to be in-tact and reusealbe. But what caused the bolts to shear? Is a new flywheel cheaper than paying a machine to try and get the old bolts out? What would you guys do? I stalled it in 1st right before starter broke could that have caused it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Exact same thing happened on my bike. We got the old bolts out of the flywheel with EZ outs. New flywheels are pretty expensive. Do the heads of your bolts look smashed to one side? Mine backed out of the one way and got sheared off by the gear behind it. I think whoever replaced it before forgot the Loctite. I reused everything except for the Oneway and the bolts. I did spring for the L&A oneway though, look it up. It's worth the extra in my opinion.

These oneways just go out man, it's not a very good design. Replace it while it's apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was ready to buy the l&a, but after getting it apart I've turned cheap and there was 0 loc-tite on the old bolts so it had definately been apart before. I think it very recently had been "fixed" since the stock oneway looks brand new. Gonna try the new bolts and roll with it, I don't think I'm gonna keep this thing very long. I might ride it once or twice and sell it for a nice profit I've got $1820 in it now and plan to get around 3000 which I need more than a 4wheeler right now. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.