Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just joined the forum I am also a member of www.ozatv.com "check itout" and am looking for some advice, just put on a k & n and in doing so the raptor now bellows smoke.
I noticed that the choke cable "what I think the starter cable is" is hanging out which i think is causing the smoke and backfiring, can i just remove this or does it need replacement, please help as i cannot seem to find this in my service manual..

any would would b gr8, cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Starter cable is hanging out of the Carby please assist

;) btw it is a fairly standard yamaha raptor 660 2001... sorry forgot to add that !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
well im no pro but if it were mine i would go to the dealer and make sure i wasnt missing any little pieces that go in there on the end of the choke cable and put it back together,,,,should run good then

·
Registered
211 Posts
common problem the nut pc. is plastic and does'nt take much to break on all"01 to 05's"like about $25 for a new starter set for carb you also could be running lean now with k&n on and open lid!makesure choke is not on with this being broke too

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep that sounds like it,

Can you get the plastic piece out if it is broken off ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
the plastic pc. is the nut only should be no problem to get off scince this is what breaks should be spring ,tube,cable,and button inside will have to take off thru tank frame and hanle bars for new one

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
raptor_rider said:
yep that sounds like it,

Can you get the plastic piece out if it is broken off ?
I didn't have a problem getting mine out. The plastic threaded part was in the carb and the rest still on the cable. Think I used a pocket knife to get a bite into the plastic and unscrew it. The plastic piece and individual choke parts are available thru a dealer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks got it out in the end with a knife..
replaced the starter cable, brand new, now the bike is still runing like [email protected]#$.
Had to put it in a shop they have spent a day on it and it still won't run after 1/2 throttle..
Told em to change the jetting as described in the forum...
Hope it all works out... and soon, thanks for your help...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts