Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried getting this starter clutch off today but the bolt in the center snapped I have to find another one,this thing is like its welded ....ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON TAKING THIS THING OUT? HEAT? SHOCK WITH HAMMER? I NEED THIS OUT SO I CAN CONTINUE TO CHANGE BOTH HAVE CASES AND FIX TRANSMISSION AND MAYBE BUY A L/A ONEWAY BEARING... ANYONE WHO'S HAD AN ISSUE SIMILAR PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET THIS THING OFF!!!! THANKS & PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU CAN!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Get another puller... tighten the hell out of it... hit the puller's center bolt head HARD with a hammer... repeat.

Stop using the word THIS for every item involved - it is very confusing. Use their actual names.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get another puller... tighten the hell out of it... hit the puller's center bolt head HARD with a hammer... repeat.

Stop using the word THIS for every item involved - it is very confusing. Use their actual names.
I apologize Sir,I just need the clutch out so I can carry on with the rebuild, what puller do you Suggest I get? I bought a harmony/balancer puller and it stripped.... I'm just thinking about bringing it to a shop and see what they would charge me to pull the clutch out!!! I'll try not to use the word on "THIS" forum as much!!!! thanks again!!!! Ltmk what other puller I can get...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
LOL, Pronouns are okay. occasionally, until THEY get in the way of an understandable conversation - nouns are never misunderstood. But IT (the conversation) will still work as long as the THEY (the actual nouns) are included and THEY (the nouns) are just referenced by THEM (the pronouns). Now, get rid of everything inside the parentheses and try to figure it out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts