Raptor Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
14,770 Posts
Read the post with the link I gave you to the fix - back a page or two (post #32).

·
Master of the Electron
14,770 Posts
jfrank - a similar post by Bako has pointed out that there is another possible failure mode instead of the CDI transistor being bad. They had the same symptoms as you, and found that the yellow/black wire's copper had broken internally, somewhere between the CDI and the solenoid.

I suggest you check the voltage on the yellow/black (while pushing the start button) both down at the solenoid and up close to the CDI (use the straight pin pushed into the wire to test up there).

If it is 0V at the solenoid, and 12V at the CDI, the wire is broken - find where and fix it.

If they both go to 0V, it's the CDI and my fix link will take care of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 2003 raptor 660 it won’t start I have a new battery and starter relay the push button seems to be getting power when I test it with multi meter but isn’t starting...
when I try to jump the relay it seems to try to crank...
please help me

·
Master of the Electron
14,770 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll get more responses if you start your own new thread.

In it, give us some history. When and under what conditions did this problem start, etc.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll get more responses if you start your own new thread.

In it, give us some history. When and under what conditions did this problem start, etc.
I replace the battery and starter and starter solenoid but i cant figure out where the three wires go on the solenoid ive tried every way possible but when i try i still have no power or anything the barrtery is new amd charged the starters brand new tested both and there good i just cant figure it out

·
Master of the Electron
14,770 Posts
I'm assuming you did NOT use a stock OEM starter relay?

Please start a new thread - you'll get a lot more responses.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts