Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding at the track this weekend and I cased a double... I heard a whistling noise so I stoped and my starter was stuck on. I then took the key out and couldnt figure out how to get it to turn off so I drove it over to the truck to unplug the battery, but by the time I got there it was off and I havent had a problem with it since, does anyone know what would have caused this? does something need to be fixed or looked at?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, just ordered the new one :p wont be in till the end of this month though, and i guess im gonna be taking it to the track a few more times before then :eek:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Could it just have been mud or grit in the starter switch making it stick?

·
Registered
468 Posts
The starter itself is not sealed is it? My bike is not handy so I can't look until tomorrow but if the bike has not been ridden in a while and the starter internals were wet when put away a little rust or something can make them stick. I have seen the problem on other applications but this is the first I have heard of it on a Raptor.

Craig,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when this happened i took the key out, and the starter kept going, but when i put the key back in and turned it the fuel pump and lights would come on.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm talking about the one under your seat by the battery. This is the relay that usually goes bad. Mine was bad the first 10 mins of running when I got it home from the dealer. I had to unplug the battery to get it to stop turning over. Major fire hazard!

M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts