Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so after I put my new .020 11:1 piston in my raptor it was a bitch to get started. I would have to charge the battery fully then put it on engine start just to get it started. I just wouldn't let it die after that or I would just pull start it if it did die. I've got a brand spankin new battery it in too! So my question is... Would it be because my starter can't handle it? I believe the guy that did the timing for me got the decompression system back in there right. Should I just try cleaning the starter? Would that even help?

P.S. Yes I rebuilt it and couldn't get the cam timing I know I'm stupid lol. I got it down pat now though.

Thanx in advance as I will be putting the valves in tonight and putting it all back together.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
So you've got the cam timing down correctly and you're sure that you're not 180 on your cam timing.

And we're also assuming you've got the decompression pin in correctly and not 180 out or missing the spring.

Now it's time to tell you to make sure you're valve lash is correct.

If all of that is proper then pull/push start the bike and see if it runs. If it doesn't then you've got a potentially bigger problem.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the cam is in there correctly. Decompression pin is in correctly and not missing the spring. The bike will start with the starter. Like I said though the battery has to be fully charged and then i have to use the engine start on the battery charger to get it. Once it's started it wont start again unless I pull/push and do the battery charger again. Idk wth is wrong with it. I just put in a brand new one-way too.

Oh and the valves are set correctly too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah OEM is expensive but I've looked at a couple that were around $125 and they are an OEM replacement. Is there any out there that will crank harder than OEM?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts