Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my 03 Raptor got out of the shop the dude told me my clutch basket was missin like 5 teeth and it would cost 500-600 bucks to fix. My raptor runs good but sometimes when you try to start it you gotta put it in first and let out on the clutch and jerk the raptor to get motor to turn so it will start, do i need a new starter or a new clutch basket. trying to get it to start first try, any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well if you clutch basket is missing 5 teeth you might wanna fix that first. All that metal floating around in the motor will cause damage. I would replace that clutch basket than see if your one way is shot. If you need any parts I have everything you would need and will get you a good price if needed and I can promise you the parts will not cost nearly as much as your shop would get.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean by one way, this is my first raptor so i need so mor explaining. i definatley will be gettin a new clutch basket was lookin at a wiseco but i would get one from you if the price is good, thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have the Wiseco Basket in my 04 raptor and it has held up great the last year but It was not bolt on. I had to sand some off the inner clutch boss because it rubbed the basket. I don't know what that was but I had to do it. I have stock clutch baskets with good oil pump gears and no broken parts I'd sell for $85 Shipped. It will be with hubs, plates, steels and all.

As far as the one way starter clutch is a common problem for the 660's it fails on most and is a expensive item. Quad Maniac made a list of the most common 660 problems and is good reading here. I think it tells all about it there.
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60922

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok thanks, so your stock basket has no broken teeth and is in full workin condition like when it come out

and found the LA design one way starter clutch kit with the 52 tooth gear is that also what ill need

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have a L&A one way also. What year is yours? 01-03 are smaller the the 04-05 ones. I think I have both but would have to check on the 01-03's. Clutch basket stock and is in good working condition. I have a Wiseco but the price will be quite a bit higher on that one.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have to check with my friend before I sell it( the Wiseco) I shouldn't have even open my mouth yet:lol: my bad. He is buying alot of my aftermarket stuff off me and has dibbs at the moment but I think the stock one is just fine for most 660's mine didn't start breaking until I started getting into the motor quite a bit.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have LOTS of Parts. Both the quads in my sig are being parted and I also have another one. But alot of the good stuff a friend is buying. But I have lots of stock parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts